S2C Chapter 44: New Year's!

Happy (late) New Year's! I was going to release this last night, but I was streaming and I've just been really lazy, but I found the time now, so let's go!

Also, this is a bit of a longer chapter, I hope that makes up for it.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) was walking around the store. He had been given a list of things to get bring for the New Year's party.

(Y/N): (Seriously? How come I'm the one who has to pick up the things?)

He sighed.

(Y/N): (At least Pearl gave me the money for all of it. Marie being here is helping, but I've seriously gotta watch out and make sure Callie doesn't get us in trouble.)

Suddenly, unbeknownst to him, two Octolings were nearby.

Octo 1: This would be great for it.

Octo 2: Yeah, it really goes with the-

She gasped.

Octo 1: Huh? What is it?

The second Octoling pointed over at (Y/N).

Octo 1: Is that... who I think it is?

Octo 2: I think it is.

Octo 1: How can we be sure?

Octo 2: We could always just ask him?

Octo 1: I mean... we could, but... what if he gets angry?

Octo 2: Well... I'm going to speak to him.

The second Octoling walked off in the direction of (Y/N).

Octo 1: Wait, what?!

(Y/N) felt someone poke his shoulder, causing him to turn around. He thought it might've just been Callie and/or Marie, but he was surprised to see some Octoling he didn't know.

Octo 2: H-Hey!

She seemed kind of nervous, then another Octoling ran up to her.

Octo 1: What're you doing?

Octo 2: Exactly what I said.

(Y/N): Um. Can I help you two with anything? (Weird, they seem familiar somehow... Maybe I played a turf war with them before?)

Octo 2: Well, I thought you looked like someone and I was just seeing if it was you, Agent 4.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock and he took a step back for a second.

(Y/N): W-Wha-!

Octo 2: See! I told you it was him.

Octo 1: Yeah, yeah.

(Y/N): How do you two know about that!?!

Both of the Octolings were now looking in other directions, or giving off nervous chuckles, or just blushing.

(Y/N) just looked at the pair of Octolings confusedly until one of them spoke.

Octo 1: Listen, you probably aren't going to like it, but... we... fought... you in Octo Canyon.

(Y/N): Okay.

Octo 1: And we almost splatted you... permanently.

That was what did it. That's what made (Y/N) remember. That's why they seemed familiar.