S3C Chapter 25: Come To Light

Veronica POV

Marina: I just want to be accepted. I want to be somewhere I belong, where I'm not just "the weird one" but instead loved for who I am.

Veronica listened to the voice she recognized as the one she looked up to after the brella disappeared from her hands.

Now standing at the base of the tower once again, Marina walked up to Veronica while Pearl floated over as a drone before transforming back to her normal self.

Marina: Nice job on the run, Eight. By the way, did you hear anything after you completed this Palette?

Pearl looked at Marina confusedly over the question she asked.

Veronica nodded her head.

Marina: It wasn't anything embarrassing, was it?

Marina had some blush on her face.

Veronica just smiled at her and gave her a hug.

Veronica: I'm glad you're here.

Marina was surprised for a moment before realizing that Veronica definitely heard something embarrassing. Marina hugged Veronica back.

Pearl: Uh, am I missing something here?

Marina: Whenever Veronica completes a Palette here, she hears its owner tell their truest feelings.

Pearl: Wait, so when you completed my Palette that first time..?

Veronica nodded with a smile along with Marina.

Pearl: Ugh, I hope it wasn't anything too lame...

Marina: Of course not, Pearlie. You're perfect the way you are.

Pearl had a prideful smile on her face.

Pearl: Y-Yeah, duh, of course I am.

Veronica chuckled watching the two interact as she made her way over to the lockers to use the keys she just got.

When she opened the first locker, she discovered one of the other Palettes, but this one she stared at for a moment in shock within her hands.

Marina and Pearl saw Veronica interacting with the lockers and Pearl turned back into a drone before the two headed over to see what Veronica just found.

Marina: What in the world? This is Agent 4's Palette!

Pearl: Oh yeah, Agent 4! Uh, who was that again?

Marina: One of the New Squidbeak Splatoon members that Cap'n Cuttlefish introduced us to.

Pearl: Ohhh yeah, the one who was supposed to be such a big shot. Uh, what's Agent 4's Palette doing here?

Marina: Well, Palettes are actually a representation of part of someone's soul. I guess Order somehow pulled a part of Agent 4's soul into the Memverse, turning it into a Palette.

Pearl: What, for real?! Man, we better keep this with us. Wouldn't want anything happening to it.

Marina: I'm still getting signals from other Palettes in the lockers. Let's keep opening them as we find keys!

Veronica finally snapped out of it and blinked as she equipped the Palette.

Veronica: We have to do this one immediately.

Marina: You sure? We already did one today-

Veronica: -Right now!

Marina was taken aback by Veronica's sudden outburst but Marina thought about how this must be important to Veronica because of whose Palette it is.