S3C Chapter 6: The Adult in the Room

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've made a new chapter, I lied last time, I'm so sorry. I haven't written a chapter since last year!

Okay, enough of my comedic genius, I'll give you your first chapter of the New Year now. Enjoy!

This was also meant to come out yesterday when I started writing it, but I was struggling with ideas of what to do (funnily enough, whenever I can't write more than a couple hundred words is usually when I end up writing a large chapter), so most of it was written today instead. However in that time, the book has finally reached 1,100,000+ reads, so I'm beyond happy. That number is insane and I don't get how it's possible, so thank you all for making that possible!

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) woke up in the morning to find himself stepping all over plenty of things strewn about the place. One of which was round and caused him to slip and fall back on his back.

Frye: HA! Walk much?

Big Man: Ay, ay. (Frye, I'd be careful if I were you, you're not the most careful about that sort of thing either.)

(Y/N): Okay, look, I understand all the rooms and areas that you don't even use, this isn't any of your houses, just a place to hang out. BUT CAN'T YOU AT LEAST KEEP THE SPACES YOU USE CLEAN?

Frye: Ugh, what a nag. If it bothers you so much, why don't you clean it?

Big Man: Ay, ay. (He did clean it, just the other day.)

Frye: See? He's already used to it and knows the place.

(Y/N): I've got more important things to do than clean up after three ne'er-do-wells every day who can't even take care of themselves.

Frye: We can too take care of ourselves!

(Y/N): I'm pretty sure Big Man is the only one of you three who knows how to even cook.

Big Man: Ayyy.

Frye: I can cook!

(Y/N): Just throwing something into an air fryer isn't the same as cooking.

Frye: Clearly you don't own an air fryer.

Shiver: Why would I need to know how to cook? I can either order something or have someone else cook for me.

Big Man: Ay? (Haven't I been helping you two learn to cook occasionally?)

Shiver: Stop proving his point, Big Man.

Big Man: Ay. (Sorry.)

Shiver: Look, you're boring me with this, if you just do the work around here, I'll count it towards your debt. Happy?

(Y/N) just stood in disappointed silence for a moment, knowing that he was never going to convince them, then sighed.

(Y/N): Fine.

He then got to picking up the trio's mess.

The three of them went back to doing their thing. Big Man was feeling kind of bad since he thought the three of them were being a bit too slobbish, and Shiver noticed Big Man's unease before turning over to look at (Y/N). She closed her eyes and let out a quiet defeated sigh and got up and walked over to him.

Shiver: You're clearly too stressed out.

Frye noticed the scene going down, got up with Big Man, and walked over.

Shiver: Let's go unwind.

(Y/N): Huh?

Shiver then started walking out of the place, followed by Frye and Big Man behind her, leaving (Y/N) confused and standing there.