Chapter 10: Worried Sick

Fuck. I was going to write this last night, but I got done writing "Chapter 10" and my friend messages if I want to play Splatoon. I come to write this in the morning some of the rankings have gone down a bit (Marina went up to #1 though, :3). My friend. She gon' learn today, I tell you hwat.

This chapter's a bit short, but still good. Get the next story bits started.

Thanks for all the new reads, the more votes, and for every new reader who comes across the story.

Callie POV

Callie: Hey, Marie!

Marie comes rushing out of the Cuttlefish Cabin, holding her umbrella like she's going to hurt someone with it.

Marie: What?! What is it? Did Octavio get out?!

Callie: Nah, he's still over there.

Callie points towards the snow-globe.

Octavio: Yo.

Marie: Phew.

Callie: Fresh Start is selling like CRAZY!

Marie: That's great news. We can't let our adoring fans starve. So long as someone doesn't get hypnotized.

Callie: Hey!

Marie: I'm kidding, but seriously stay away from strange glasses.

Callie: Hmph!

Callie crosses her arms and looks the other way. Her eyes then lower to see the book next to her.

Callie: Oh! Marie, I've been meaning to ask you, what's this book?

Marie: Oh, that? That's the Agent 4 Factopedia. You need any information on him, it's in there.

Callie has a sly grin.

Callie: Hmmm, ANY information.

Marie lightly taps Callie on the head with her umbrella.

Marie: Bad, Callie.

Callie: Ow!

Marie: Oh come on. I didn't even hit you that hard!

Callie picks up the book.

Callie: Times super-jumped. Time spent submerged in the ink. Salmon run down-rate. Hm? What's this?

Marie: Oh, I kept a log for everyday Agent 4 was here working. Noting how he was doing on these missions, or how he was acting.

Callie: So these are your diary entries.

Marie: No! That is NOT what I said.

Callie: But it's what you meant. It's okay, I am Callie, I speak for the Maries.

Marie: Ha ha.

Callie: "...Agent 4 is very caring. I can tell by the concern he has on his face. I forgive him for forgetting the job yesterday, but it's cute watching him profusely try to apologize, so I'm going to let this go on a little longer..."

Marie's eyes widened as she was listening to Callie read the book. She started blushing a ton. Marie quickly jumped through the air, trying to grab the book out of Callie's hands. Callie, however, was a little faster, expecting it to happen. They were both now on the ground. Callie holding Marie back with one arm, while holding the book out of reach of Marie's grasping fingers, with her other hand.

Marie: Callie give it back! That's enough!

Callie: "... I feel bad for what I've done to Agent 4, so I've decided to give him the day off. I'm going to take him out to dinner, see a movie, maybe some other things, and maybe, if I'm lucky, we can-"