S3C Chapter 8: Fishy Business

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) was sitting on the couch in the middle of the hideout, reading a book while having a nice relaxing drink. That's right, he was actually finding some time to just casually not do anything intense and just relax.

And then three people entered the building.

Frye: Ugh, I'm beat from today.

She said as she flopped onto the couch face first, not caring that (Y/N) was already sitting there. To which he then moved out of her way and stood up.

(Y/N): Tough day?

Shiver: Not really. She just gets a bit stressed sometimes.

Frye: Can you blame me? I was stuck just sitting around all day. They kept telling me I was doing everything wrong!

Big Man: Ay. (You were coming up with a bunch of lies to tell.)

Frye: I was making the day interesting.

Shiver was grabbing herself a glass of orange juice from the fridge.

Shiver: I don't think they see it that way, sadly.

Big Man: Ay? Ay? (Are you still reading that book I lent you? How is it?)

(Y/N): Not bad.

Frye: Ugh, and now I have to listen to you two talk about a book? Teacher, may I be excused?

(Y/N): Don't you have some kind of stress reliever or way to work through... whatever this Frye is?

Just then it's as if a lightbulb went over her head and she immediately did a roll over the couch and flipped to land on her feet.

Frye: As a matter o' fact, I do!

Big Man and (Y/N) looked confused as Shiver held up a sign with "10" on it for Frye's flip.

Frye: Time for a work shift!

(Y/N): Work is how you relieve stress?

Frye: It is when it's a work shift of splatting salmonids!

(Y/N): That's right, I think I did see a Grizzco building in the city.

Shiver: Have you ever been on a shift before?

(Y/N): Yeah, I've done loads of shifts before. You might even call me a star employee!

He said with a smirk.

Shiver: Okay, now you're getting ahead of yourself. But hey, there are four of us, so we've got the perfect amount for a shift.

Frye: That's the spirit! Come on, Big Man, you in?

Big Man: Ayy... Ay. (Well, we could use the money... Alright!)

Frye clapped her hands together and did a fist pump.

Frye: Let's blow this popsicle stand!

Shiver: You better not play recklessly again though, Frye.

Frye: And you better remember the egg count we need, Shiver.

The two stared at each other while (Y/N) stared at the two.

(Y/N): [This is going to be a tough shift, isn't it...]

He placed his hand on Big Man's back.

(Y/N): I'm counting on you, Big Man.

Big Man: Ay? (Ay?)

~~~

They had all walked into the Grizzco building and headed over to the front desk to sign up for a shift before heading over to their lockers to get their Salmon Run suits on.