The Infinity pool (C4)

¤Aaliyahs P.O.V (14)¤

That was the best sleep I've had in years, the bed was warm and plush. Although I hadn't seen Aunt Taliah in years she was still just as much our  family as the pack was, I felt at ease knowing I was surrounded by family.

I hear a light tap on my door "Aaliyah it's me" Si's voice squeaks from the other side "Come in" I reply sitting up "The uh... they um said you needed to get ready, some staff will come to dress you soon" she says stepping in wearing an all-white dress and her natural light brown hair.

"You look beautiful Si" I smile at her "They said we had to wear all white so we wouldn't'disrupt the spiritual balance and purity' blah blah" she mocks making quotations with her hands, I just laugh at her "Tell them ill just take a shower then they can co-" before I finish she cuts me off "Oh no no no trust me they're about to be here any minute and you also need to take a special bath in preparation for the ceremony" she informs me "this all seems so..." I couldn't find an appropriate word in any of the languages I spoke "Witchy?" She laughs "Yes very witchy" I agree with her.

Theres a sudden shift in the mood as a tear escapes Siennas eye "I miss home" another tear slips "Hey si its okay" I rush over and hug her while rubbing her back. Although I'm only a few months older than her and felt the exact same way, I still felt a sense of duty as an older sister to protect her, especially when she was hurt.

After a few minutes of talking about how much we missed our parents and hoping we'd be home soon our conversation was cut short by a knock at the door "Alpha Aaliyah we must prepare you for the ceremony may we come in" an unfamiliar female voice calls from the other side of the door "Are you going to be alright si" I ask prioritising my sister, she nods in response while wiping her tears away "I'll see you at the ceremony okay" I give her one last hug.

As she leaves an assembly of about 7 witches wearing the same light blue uniform enter my room with matching blue bags. Very big bags. They take me down the hall into the main bathing chambers to begin their 'process'.

🛁

After what felt like years but was probably only an hour or so I was finally 'prepared'. Within that hour I had been put into a special saltwater pod to cleanse myself before entering the pool, I then had to have all the chemicals in my hair magically stripped.

A while back Si and I convinced our parents to let us have our hair dyed so the had to force it back to its original colour. After that whole processes I basically had a spa treatment before being left alone in the room to get dressed. I walk into the main bedroom to see a dress similar to S's hung up on the wardrobe.  unlike the long sleeves on here mine was sleeveless with frilly sleeves.

I quickly slipped it on and waited for the guardian they said would be arriving to take me to the ceremony.

After 5 minutes of tapping my foot on the floor, a knock on the door beats at the same pace as the tap of my foot I feel like I had imagined it. I quickly rush to the door out of anticipation. I open the door to see Uncle Silo standing there smiling "Aaliyah my dear, so sorry I missed your arrival" he apologizes giving me a hug "You ready?" he asks looking down at me, I take a deep breath and nod "Let's get going shall we" he says leading me out towards the garden.

My anxiety grew as we followed a glowing white stone path. Even at dawn, you could see the path glowing leading us towards a dark cave.

A big wooden door stood between us and the cave . Uncle silo opened the door with a spell, he waited then gestured for me to enter. Darkness all I could see was darkness walking further in blue light began illuminating on the stone walls, I follow the faint light to be welcomed by 20 or so witches in dark blue capes standing around a big blue glowing pool, I see a flashback to my dream and panic starts to rise in me. What if I drown? what if no one helps me? what if something happens to Sienna and our parents aren't here to save us...oh god how long will it be till they realize we're dead? what if they never re-- my overthinking is interrupted by a warm hand on my shoulder which immediately calms me, I look up to see a 16-year-old Hunter staring at me with soft eyes and a warm smile "It's going to be fine" he whispers.

Although he was basically a stranger there was something in his voice that seemed so... familiar and comforting. It brought me peace, almost the same affect Jay had on me. I smile signalling that I was ready to begin, he nods to one of the elders across from us before leading me over to her. I look into the the pool to see Sienna floating in the centre, her hair floating around with her eyes closed smiling peacefully.

"Lets begin" an elder calls from across the pool, the other elders form a circle around the pool kneeling at its edge, they then place their hands on the ground in front of them and bow their heads in unison, one elder takes a small vile of black liquid dropping it into the pool and chants "hanc priminam de sanguinem pythonissam" the rest then follow "accept this blood of the witch" they then go silent, an elder opposite the first one then pulls out an identical vile of the black liquid repeating the steps of the first elder only this time she chants "Hic est sanguis primi vampire" they all then chant "Accept this blood of the vampire" they fall silent once again as the next elder prepares to repeat the ritual, I look over at Hunter to see his eyes trained on the pool, his eyes flicker to mine as catches me staring he smiles in response, I quickly snap my head back to the pool "Iste werewolf est primum sanguis" the elder then repeat "Accept this blood of the werewolf" I smile at the thought of knowing our true identities. I had no doubt we werewolves we were just late bloomers that's all this ritual was just a precaution I say trying to convince myself and put the nerves that were slowly creeping back up to rest.