The brown wolf (C8)

I walk back to the clearing still on all fours in Lycan form with Kyla tucked off into the back of my mind with me still in control.

I walk closer to the brown wolf when I see Hunter from the corner of my eye walking alongside me with a concerned look on his face, I mind link him to ease his nerves

I'm fine Hunter. Thank you for that back there but you didn't have to I had it handled

He chuckles as I take off running stopping at the snout of the brown wolf

WHO ARE YOU

I mind Link frightening the wolf

I was chased by a group of rogues from Cecelia

Cecelia was a little island not far from Ayala

Why were they chasing you? Why were they travelling in a group?

Most rogues preferred to travel alone they were less likely to be caught that way

They've been chasing females from each Alpha Line its been happening a lot. Have you not heard or been bothered by them?

I'm confused why would rogues be chasing females from Alpha lines. What line was she apart of?

Which pack do you come from

I demand

The Ace pack

My spine stiffens at the mention of that pack, the pack my thought to be mate was set to take over soon,  my mood softens as I realize who she was. Kaydens younger sister.

I mindlink Hunter to grab two coverings as quickly as he can

Caroline

I mind link in a more calm tone still towering over her in my Lycan form, waiting for Hunter to come with the coats. Her wolf looks up to me confused

Who are you

I'm about to answer when Hunter come running over with the coats, he puts one over me before going over to Caroline. She growls at Hunter which, causes me to flinch ready to protect him but I realize shes just scared.

Caroline let him. When you shift it will cover you.

She then bows her head down for Hunter to place the coat over her before returning to the House

Shift

I say as we both shift exposing her brown hair and watery brown eyes, she still seemed a little scared "Who are you" she asks pulling the wrap further over herself "Lets not worry about that right now, come let's get you a hot bath and a change of clothes" I say as she was still in shock probably from just being chased by a group of rogues "you can trust me" I say turning to her as she hesitates to follow me.

She follows close behind me as we walk through the house basically naked, apart from the large fur coat covering us. I show her to one of the guest rooms and direct her towards the bathroom leaving her with a change of clothes and a towel.

I go to my room to change and have a shower myself, just as I'm leaving my room I make a mental note that I need to mind link hunter to inform Aunt Taliah about Caroline. Just as I'm finishing my thought Hunter walks out of his room "Don't worry I already spoke to her after we got back". I thank him before heading back to check on Caroline.

I knock softly on her door "Caroline, you okay?" I hear shuffling in her room before the door creaks open revealing a refreshed looking Caroline "It feels so good to have a warm shower after all that running" I smile, I agreed with her I loved having a nice warm shower after fighting and so did Kyla she always howled in sensation at the touch of the warm water.

"I don't mean to be rude..." she drifts off as if asking permission to ask a question "What is it?" I smile hopefully making her feel welcome and comfortable to ask me "Who are you? And how did you recognise me?" she says tilting her head "Oh right I forgot" I mentally facepalm myself realizing we were practically strangers "Soon to be Alpha of the King's pack. Aaliyah, Aaliyah King" her eyes widen "Holy--" she cuts herself off "No one's seen or heard from you in years" she says in a confused whisper looking around as if I'd been held hostage here "I know...I've had to carry out my alpha training in private given the circumstances" I hadn't realized its been almost 5 years since I've been home.

"Hey so were having a sleep over to celebrate the ending of exams, you should come I could introduce you to the girl, my younger sister Siennas here as well" I offer hoping to change the subject, she reluctantly nods her head in agreement.

Just before we enter Maria's room I warn her how they can be. I let her know they were all witches so if they were to grab the remote from across the room with their powers don't freak out and to protect her thoughts they can also read minds if they try hard enough.

I slowly open the door revealing exactly what I expected, my three best friends sprawled around the room with giant pillows and snacks of every variety, watching clueless. I take the moment in before leading Caroline in, they all turn around immediately even though I hadn't said anything yet they probably heard her thoughts.

They each spring up to introduce themselves "Aw thank you" Si randomly says causing us to look at her oddly "She just thought we were pretty so..you know what ill tune it out" she says talking about her mind reading "Well come sit we have something to eat we just finished cooking, there's also snacks chocolate,popcorn, and if you want anything else Hunter will get whatever Aaliyah asks for" Celeste mocks sitting down back in her original position "Oh right the guy from earlier? your mate" Caroline turns to me with a smile "Uhh no, he..." im cut off by Maria "He might as well be" she nudges me with a smirk before sitting down with her sister "You haven't found your mate?," Caroline asks surprised. I hated hearing that word "Mate" ughh I don't even want to begin looking for another mate, not after my first encounter with that stupid word. Luckily for me I'd been surrounded by witches for the past few years and wasn't questioned too much about wolf matters.

(A/N: A short filler chapter introducing Caroline to the story)