The morning after (C69)

Aaliyah

I roll over hitting into a hard chest. I groan rubbing my head onto it knowing Kyla would never let me stay asleep if anyone that could hurt me was within a 100 meter radius. I draw closer feeling out the persons body while my eyes remained closed this person was too big to be Micheal or Jay but their hair was too long to be Kayden....Hunter? I say sensing his smell. Maybe I was hallucinating because I was in his bed.

"I don't care if this is a dream I missed you" I say wrapping my arms around him.

•Hunter POV - The night before•

I'd received a call from the head of the wolfing department at the academy, apparently there were some safety issues with the academy camp and allies would be combining. Si and I had stopped training early for the day to pack and head back to the academy.

I loved training with Si she reminded me so much of her sister. The only difference was Aaliyah was a lot more confident and sure of herself where as Si you kind of needed to hold her hand every step of the way which made sense considering she was a covenless witch. She didn't realise it yet but shes a lot more powerful than she knew.

I watch her as looks out the window down at the clouds "Hey you're actually looking out the window" I say noticing she was slowly getting over her fear "Yeah I..." she looks back out "How did you know?" She says looking back to me with the same soft look Aaliyah gave when she was listening "I remember Aaliyah having to sit next to you each time we flew" I reply "Oh yeah" she says closing the shutter "Feels weird knowing I'm not always going to have her" she exhales. We rarely discussed her sister or her family we mainly talked about history and spells "She'll always be your sister" I reply "The title of a sister doesn't really compare to The Luna of the Ace pack or the Alpha of the Kings pack" she says looking down at her lap "Would she have to be Luna?" I ask not too sure of how the Wolf world really worked, my knowledge only really went as far as mates "Well it's complicated you know with Aaliyah not only is she the first female Alpha she's a Lycan so I don't get it" she shrugs her shoulders "What don't you get?" I ask "I don't get why's she's bothering with Kayden when she's wasted her life training to be a Alpha, she's just gonna give up and end up becoming a Luna like every other plain Jane out there and then our packs are going to merge and it's all just..." she lets out a frustrated grunt "You don't want your packs to merge? It'll make you guys a lot stronger and increase your allies?" I attempt to reason with her adding in some of my own reasons I'd come up with to leave Aaliyah alone "Trust me I get that" she says looking up at me "It's just that I've seen her fight for her place in this world and just to give it up for some guy I just...I don't get it" she rolls her eyes "She's so selfish she doesn't even care she can have whoever she wants and she going to throw it away for some guy who doesn't even care about her" she was really letting it all out "Trust me I get it" I says letting out a sigh of my own also frustrated she was doomed to marrying Kayden "It's so unfair she's choosing him" she says not being able to move on from that point. I could see the red glow lingering underneath the surface of her skin "She's not exactly choosing him it's the laws of nature" I reply having accepted the inevitable the night Aaliyah left Ayala "No it's not. Not for her" she huffs still visibly annoyed "What do you mean? 'Not for her'" I ask "Well she could easily choose you I had to give up Jay because of nature but not her she can have whoever she wants and she chooses him?" She scoffs "Si you know me and her can't be together" I say reminded of how my Aaliyah-less future was inevitable. She looks up at me confused "You haven't read the ancestors texts have you?" She asks. I shake my head confused. The ancestors texts were reserved for the elders and weren't given to witches till they became a High priest or Mercenary. "Oh right" she says face palming herself "I forgot I wasn't meant to be reading them" what was with this girl always doing things she's not meant to be doing "I may have snuck into the Celestial library at night and read through a few" she says biting her lower lip "How?" I ask amused "The barrier spells on the library don't work on me considering I don't have a high priest or mercenary so technically I am one" she explains. I guess her and her sister really were the loopholes of nature "Well anyways I read about the original mating spell" a mating spell? I think to myself confused considering I'd never heard of it before. Emotional magic was forbidden and was a dark form of magic things like love spells weren't taught or allowed "A mating spell?" I ask "It's the original curse which forced wolves to find mates" she replies "Years ago at the begging of time when all the species were new to our world there were no laws so everyone did any and everything they wanted including cross breeding" I raise a brow considering this was the first i was hearing of it, was that even possible? "However this was impractical considering Witches fed off of ancestors and by crossing with vampires this severed their connection to their ancestors resulting in that child being only vampire" she explains "The crossbreeds between the witches and the vampires didn't last very long because of this" I nod my head listening "but the deadliest combination was the wolves and the vampires" she looks down at her fingers probably reminiscing about Jay "The wolves and the vampire cross breeds were the most dangerous considering vampires were slaves of the sun and the wolves to the moon however their off spring were free from these natural laws" she says continuing to play with her hands "the witches didn't like this especially the elders so they rallied and put a curse on the wolves ensuring they could no longer have children with the vampires, they created a new law" she lets out a sigh "The mate curse where wolves were only able to reproduce with other wolves and the vampires weren't ever able to pro create again only through their bites" I nod my head still unsure of where she was going with this "One thing is they didn't count on was the loopholes in nature. The witches put to death all the hybrid vampire wolves and left them to die, little did they know a Young witch named Jolie Cicero had fallen pregnant by one of the hybrids Tien Haleo before he was executed. 3 months later she gave birth to a son Talen Haleo who would go on to be the first Lycan" she says staring at me as if this were the missing piece to the puzzle "Im not sure I follow" I reply "Unlike the natural laws of nature like Betas, Alphas and Luna's, Mates are only apart of the curse and the mating curse is only a curse placed on wolves so that they are only able to mate with other wolves. I translated the spell and it doesn't say anything in the original spell about Lycans" she says letting out another sigh "according to an Alpha book titled love and Lycanthropy the wolf part of a Lycan allows it to have a mate however this isn't the only person they can mate with they have a thing called the attached this person can be someone they feel an intense passion with" she says causing my heart to sink. For the past 4 years I've forced myself to love her from a distance, exchange casual kisses and soft banter when this whole time she could have been mine."so technically you guys are free to be together" she says as the crew prepare us for landing. I tighten my fists now pissed I hadn't known about this earlier.

I continue to think as we pull into the hanger. I'd researched for years if it was possible for us to be together and even asked the elders and nothing. Yet Little miss Nancy drew over here falls for a Beta and finds the answer to all my problems. The real question was...Do I tell Aaliyah?.