Feel better cookies (C55)

Aaliyah

After we take the ingredients we sneak them back to the room before anyone saw. We spread the ingredients out on the kitchen counter. I start getting out the bowls and measuring cups we needed. I get Micheal to measure the ingredients out to distract him from thinking too hard. "Thank you again Liyah" he says with a smile "For what" I ask "For letting me drop the fake smile and act" he says milking the batter "I know we may not be the closest but I'd like to think we are close and I hope you know if there's things you feel like you can't talk to Kayden about. You can alway talk to me regardless of what he and I are going through" I say popping a chocolate chip in my mouth "I hope you know that he is a good guy. I know I might be biased but For as long as I've know him he's been a good guy he's just..." he drifts off "Difficult" we say in unison. We laugh as I pour the chocolate chips in to the batter.

After we put the cookies in the oven we put on A walk to remember. Our eyes were still puffy from the first time we cried and now we were crying once again. I look up at the clock to see it was approaching 3:30. Micheal catches me looking up at the clock "Fuck" he curses under his breath "What's wrong?" I ask "Kaydens gonna be back soon and I look like I've had an allergic reaction to peanuts" I laugh at how accurate that was "just stay here" I suggest  "What?" He asks confused "Sleep here and if Kayden asks we can just say you fell asleep here" he looks up at me confused "If you wanted him to see you like this you would have told him yourself, so don't worry about it just sleep here" I say smiling "Thanks Liyah" he says with a small smile "Stop thanking me" I laugh "She would've liked you if she didn't  hate you" I scoff "She hated me?" I ask "Yeah" he drags "I told her about that time we kissed and she was determined she didn't like you. But don't worry she couldn't ever hold grudges long" I smile at how happy he looked talking about her.  I was so happy he decided to open up to me.

"What made you want to tell me" I ask. He pauses  before answering "It's her birthday tomorrow and I didn't know how I'd cope. Normally it was just Kayden and I so I just shrugged it off but with you being around and all these discussions of mates...let just say it brought up some long buried feelings" I felt bad even though there was nothing I could do "Maybe we could visit her grave" I say re adjusting my blanket "I- they never told me where she was buried" he says with pain in his heart "Her family hid it from me which I think was best. I'd never be able to live with looking at her as if she were a piece of Marble with gold letters engraved in it" he says shrugging "Well we can either stay here tomorrow and hang out with Jay or we can go kayaking up the river to the waterfall and have a sparring session" I say putting ideas out there "Are these for me or is just so that you don't have to face Kayden" I shrug "I- I do want to see him" I say unsure "But things are just weird now" he nods in understanding.

Right after the part where she's singing finishes I go to get the cookies out of the oven. "They're done now" I say placing them on the table. He was so focused on the movie he hadn't even moved. I laugh and decided that was probably best for the cookies to cool down first.

I walk back over to the couch to see he was asleep with a smile on his face. I re adjust his blanket so that it's actually covering him before sitting next to him to watch the rest of the movie.

A few minutes later Jay walks in all sweaty "Hey Liyah" he says walking to the kitchen "Hey Jay" I was annoyed he just left me here but he looked a lot more...happy.  He walks in holding a cookie "When did you-" he looks at Micheal who's back was turned to him "Who's that" he asks in a fatherly tone "Micheal and he's sleeping" I say shushing him "Oh" he says relaxing and sitting on the other side of me "Where were you?" I ask stealing the rest of his cookie "I was training" he says smiling "Oh yeah?" it wasn't like him to train alone "Yeah. Kayden came over while you were asleep to check if you got home alright and asked if I wanted a training sesh. He even apologised" Jay says surprised "Kayden Ace apologises?" I say raising a brow "Yeah weird huh" I nod my head "Anyways what happening with him?" He asks pointing to Micheal "Nothing he just needs..." I take a deep breath "A break" I say smiling at him sleeping "We doing anything tomorrow?" Jay asks "Feel like going for a swim?" I ask turning to him "Sounds good" is all he responds.

"Don't forget we need to get ready for camp" Jay says as I'm looking for a new movie considering our other one finished "Camp?" I says raising my brow "Yeah the academy hosts a Camp every year but the Ace pack always win" Jay says shrugging "What about our pack?" I ask "We can't compete" I pause and drop the remote "Why not" I ask raising a brow "Because we don't...." He drift off  "Holy fuck we are competing this year" he says "This is the first year our Alphas at the academy. Holy fuck" he says before covering his mouth "You need to call a pack meeting asap" Jay says. I smile. I was so grateful he knew so much about the academy and our pack.

...

We moved out conversation to the kitchen table not wanting to disturb Micheal too much.

"Well there are always 5 main games. The seven seas which is a seven mile swim. Valley of death which is a 90 mile sprint. Prison break is the next one you have break out 12 members of your pack who then go in to a game of capture the flag. The thing is there are only four flags so first you have to find a flag and then hide it again within the arena. The last two teams with their flags left. Their Alphas and Beta have to fight each other" my heart drops. If the Ace pack always win I'd have to fight Kayden and Jay would have to fight Micheal. I gulp not knowing what to do "And the weird thing is" Jays says leaning in "The first three parts of the games are meant to be done like a triathlon where you tag a member of your pack to complete each section but Kayden does all the games for his pack and still wins the fight" wow. I was impressed but I didn't want to admit that. "Well since you know the pack so well select 20 of our strongest fighters, runners and swimmers were gonna need to start training" I say "Alphas from other packs always come so we need to be in that final game" I nod my head. I knew how competitive Kayden was but I also know how much my dad liked to win "We are going to win" I say determined.