A trip down memory lane (C87)

Aaliyah

It was the middle of the night and Hunter still wasn't back from his secret meeting. I was staring to get worried when Mar runs into my room frantically huffing  and puffing "They're...getting...unstable" she says pointing out of my tent "What?" I ask confused "Come with me" she says instructing me out of the tent. I follow her sprint towards the Ace packs camping grounds.

The pack clears the way as I approach Kaydens tent. He and Hunter were on the ground their heads moving uncontrollably "You need to get them out" Mar says quietly as Celeste was still doing the binding spell from the edge of the circle "They're in Kaydens mind you need to wake them up now" she says pushing me past the Barrier and into the circle. I take a deep breath looking to see both Si and Celeste doing their chants. I quickly get on my knees and take each of their hands to be let into Kaydens mind.

I easily drop in to see Kayden and Hunter emerging from behind a white door. They were both bloody but still alive. Kaydens eyes were bloodshot like he'd just been...crying. He's shocked to see me as his breath hitches as we make eye contact "Liyah?" Hunter says as he sees me "what's going on?" I ask looking at the two of them "We uhh..." Kayden says looking back at Hunter "We just took a trip down memory lane what are you doing here?" Hunter says obviously covering up the reason the two of them were covered in blood and why Kayden had been crying "The girls were worried about you two and wanted me to make sure everything was alright" I say looking at the two of them "Aw how sweet" Hunter grins sarcastically.

I look at Kayden worried about why he was so quiet. Hunter catches my staring and shakes his head signalling to me not to ask what happened "Well let's get out of here then shall we" I say reaching my hands out. They each take a hand and close their eyes. I do the same and am back in Kaydens room by the time I re open them.

"You're okay" Mar and Celeste say jumping on their brother causing me to laugh even Kayden smiles at their affection towards their brother. While they attack him I mouth to Kayden asking if he was alright. He responds with a tight smile and a nod. I nod my head and motion for him to follow me outside. He takes a quick scan of the room and sees everyone else was occupied. He reluctantly nods his head and follows behind me towards the back of the tent.

"What is it?" He asks as we reach the back of the tent "Are you really okay?" I say knowing from his tight smile he was hiding something. He nods his head looking at me differently it wasn't necessarily in a bad or a good way it was just different he normally looked at me with admiration and starry eyes or anger but nothing. "You guys okay?" Hunter says as he walks out from Kaydens tent "Everythings fine" Kayden answers as he stares directly into my eyes before brushing past me giving Hunter a knowing look as he walks towards him.

I look at the exchange between the two of them wondering what was going on? what happened when they were linked? and what weren't they telling me. I was then reminded of what I wasn't telling them.

Hunter nods his head at me asking me to follow him I smile and take my place under his arm "We'll see you guys at the bonfire tomorrow night" Hunter says to Kayden. Kayden nods his head looking as if his mind were preoccupied. I look up at Hunter trying to read his mind but his mind was completely blank too.

As we enter our tent Hunter spells it shut before turning to me as he slips his shirt off "I know what you want to ask but I don't think it's my place it's Kayden and his thoughts" he says as he slides his shirt into the draw "So he's just looking at me differently for no reason? nothing that you two saw tonight had anything to do with me?" I ask not wanting to sound self absorbed"Well it's just..." he trails off which meant I was right "See so just tell me so I can help or at least somewhat understand what's going on" I say trying to convince him "That's not fair liyah only half that memory belongs to us" he says turning to face me "I want to know at least half" I say worried about the two of them and why they were covered in blood "You really wanna know?" He asks as I walk over to the bed. I nod my head "if I tell you there's a price" he says as he walks over to me "I should've know" I smiles as he slips his shoes off "In order to learn a secret you have to tell me one" He says watching my expression carefully trying to determine the severity of what I had been up to "I..." I looks at the ground before looking back up at him, he shrugs his shoulder as he takes a seat  in the chair next to the bed.