A mid summers night (C64)

Aaliyah

Jay quickly does the dishes as I get dressed into my bathing suit, I chuck a jumper on over the top and pair of shorts before sliding on some trainers to go meet our game team. I sent a text to Mar and Celeste telling them about us needing allies for tomorrow hoping they could make it. My father didn't believe in making alliances with vampires he didn't think it'd be safe for us considering their lack of loyalty and unpredictability.

"You ready" I ask walking out "Yeah" he replies drying off his hands on his shorts. We walk out the door and into the elevator "So did you get a hold of Mar and Celeste?" He asks zipping his jacket up "I sent them a text they weren't picking up the-" I'm interrupted by hands reaching into the elevator pulling the doors open "You guys going down?" Micheal asks as the doors open "Yeah I gues-" Jay doesn't get to finish before Micheal cuts him off "Great so are we" Micheal replies as I move over towards Jays side of the elevator to make room. I'm surprised when Caroline also walks out of their room following behind her brother who gives us a small nod "Liyaaaah" Caroline squeals giving me a hug. I hug her backing her  "Hows things?" She asks stepping between me and her brother "Not too bad, and yourself?" I ask her considering I hadn't seen her since the day we came back to school "Living my stress free non alpha life" she says smiling. I look at the floor as the elevator takes what feels like 100 years to reach the bottom I look up at Jay to see he and Caroline were smiling at eachother. They both shoot their heads down as I catch them. Kayden and I both look across at eachother confused wondering what was going on between them. Kayden shrugs his shoulders and I do the same. I look at Micheal to see him being clueless as always.

The elevator finally dings and Kayden waits for Caroline and I to walk out first I go to ask her what happened back there in the elevator but she just shakes her head before quickly walking away "I'll go catch up with her" Jay says jogging after her.

I huff slowing down to walk in time with Kayden "So what are you guys doing?" Kayden asks as we walk down the path "training" I reply sarcastically "I know that but like-" he cuts himself off letting out a "Oh" he says catching on to my sarcasm he laughs a little while shaking his head "Only you'd have the balls to play around with the Aces Alpha" Kayden laughs "Don't you know who I am" he says in his deep voice raising a brow "I don't have balls they're called ovaries and I know exactly who you are Kayden Ace" I mock back "Touché" he replies "Hey do you think I could talk to Micheal for a bit?" I ask in case he really needed him "You're the one with the ovaries aren't you" he shoots back "I'm gonna go check on the pack don't talk too much shit about me" he says jogging off. I turn back to see Micheal walking with his hands in his pockets. I jog back down to him hoping to catch up with him about the letter.

"Hey" I say stopping beside him "Yes liyah" he says smiling "How've you been?" I ask considering one of the last times we we're alone he told me all about his mate "been good" he says with a tight smile. I give him the 'are you sure' look hoping to make sure he was actually alright "I'm telling you Aaliyah I'm fine" I nod my head believing him "Just making sure after that letter" I say as we walk "What letter?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows "Hmm?" I reply confused "you said after that letter...what letter?" He asks as if he...he didn't get the letter. I refrain from rolling my eyes realising Tera had taken the letter. "Did I say letter? Sorry my minds been all over the place I guess I was projecting" I say trying to play it off. He looks at me unconvinced "I just got a letter from someone which could potentially change my whole future" I say hoping to distract him by venting about Hunter "for the better or worse?" He asks "I don't know yet" I say looking at the ground "Could this letter perhaps change my packs future also" he asks catching on. I look up at him and nod "...yeah...yeah it could" I reply tightening my lips "Aaliyah I-" he's about say something when Jay comes running back "Hey Kayden and Caroline are waiting" he says huffing as he gets to us nodding towards Micheal. Micheal just smiles and nods before jogging off towards the Forrest "You ready" jay asks combing his hand through his hair "As I'll ever be" I say as we walk towards the rapids.