Strange magic (C72)

Aaliyah

We wait at the line of trees for Celeste and the girls to catch up before driving towards our lot.

This place was huge there are over 1,000 tents set up and there was still a huge space in the centre of the tents. All the pack members tents were cute and cosy but when I opened my tent to reveal it was huge with a king sized bed and a table. I smile looking around. This was not the camping I was used to.

Jay places my bags on the ground "I'll let you guys talk I'm gonna go settle in next door". I smile and nod as Hunter sets our bags on the floor "I'll head over soon" I call out as he leaves the tent.

"So" I say looking at Hunter as on the bed. He continues to stare at me "Do you still think I'm a witch" I say furrowing my brows at him. He nods his head walking over to me "I don't know what to tell you I'm not a witch" I say as he tucks my hair behind my ears using his hands to to turn my face side to side and he stares down at me now staring into my eyes "I dont know what it is there's just something about you that's...different" he say still looking at me "Nothings changed I'm still the same old me" I say standing and doing a twirl. He folds his arms still examining me. "I'll prove it" I say walking over to seal the entrance of the tent.

I walk back over to Hunter in the middle of the tent "Give me the simplest spell there is grade school stuff" I say holding my hands out" he nods his head placing his hands on his chin as he thinks "okay  supernatet a mihi" he says slowly. I nod my head memorising it "Supernatet a mihi" I say facing my hands flat down and he and the other girls typically did. "See" I say looking at him as I prove my point. He shakes his head "It's all about intention" he says walking over to the bed. He picks up a pillow and rips it apart.

Was it wrong that I found that I attractive. I quickly pull my head out from the clouds as he walks back over to me "this spell" he says scattering the the feathers on the floor " is about the flotation of an object it takes a lot of training for even the simplest of spell but you need to envision it looking down at the feathers you need to imagine the energy from within you extending from beyond yourself and down to the floor eventually picking the feathers up and carrying them to the roof" I nod my head looking down at the floor "Now" he says walking behind me "Close your eyes and envision the energy" he says bowing down close to my ear, I close my eyes and smile entertaining his silly theory "supernatet a mihi" I say with my eyes clothes "Cmon Aaliyah you're not envisioning it" he says motivating me "supernatet a mihi" I say once again only seeing the blank black abyss in my mind "Feel the energy" he says wrapping his arms around my waist.

I melt into him now imagining the feather individually layer on the floor. I take a deep breath listening to the sounds around me hunter heart beating in his chest, the birds chirping outside, the trees rustling in the wind, the crunching of the leave as people trudge through them "supernatet a mihi" the words slip through my lips in a whisper as what felt like warm chills creep up my spine and out the tips of my fingers. I hear Hunters small airy laugh as open my eyes to see hundreds of feathers floating around me "Hate to say I told you so" he says shrugging his shoulder "This isn't possible" I say keeping my hands face down. I turn them palm side up to reveal a small white glow coming from the centre. I clench my fists causing the feathers to drop "Hunter if you're playing with me right now I-" he puts his hands in the air "I swear to you I'm not" he says still smiling "H-how's this possible" I ask walking over to the bed needing to sit down "How are you a Lycan, hows Jay and wolf, how's Si a witch hows is anything possible" he says shrugging his shoulders "But I feel like I would've know if I were" I say still confused "Well you didn't know you were a Lycan till you were 14 maybe you had to turn 18 before your powers were unlocked or something" he replies just as confused as I am "If I'm a witch does that mean..." I trail off not wanting to make things to awkward. I read his facial expression to see he seemed really interested in whatever it was I was about to say "Hypothetically you and I could you know..." I continue to tip toe around it "be together" he says amused at my awkwardness "Yeah" I say relieved he metaphorically read my mind "Well even if you weren't a witch we could've been together" he says surprising me "How?" I ask "Well me and Si figured out on the way here that Lycans were a product of hybrids among the different species not werewolves that evolved and somewhere in your bloodline you must've been related to a hybrid between a werewolf and vampire that met a witch or a witch and werewolf that met a vampire because vampires and witches can't mate but witches and werewolves could and werewolves and vampires" he says explaining the whole history to me "but I thought wolves could only mate with their mates?" I say confused. There was all this commotion and tradition around mates and now he's telling me there's no such thing as mates "Mates were a curse put on the wolves by the witches. The witches didn't like the wolves and vampires mating as it contaminated the witches ancestry and interfered with their magic so they cursed the wolves to only be able to procreate with two selected mates and vampires only able to pass on through bites. However the hybrids continued to mate amongst species and when a hybrid met with a species out of its own they were able to create Lycans resulting in very rare instances occurring" he says causing everything to fall into place "that's why in that book I read we have an attached" I say now realising what an attached was. "What's an attached and what book?" Hunter asks "Love and Lycanthropy" I say now seeing the bigger picture "Because we were part wolf we were also cursed to have a mate but unlike wolves there's weren't the only people we could mate with we have a thing called the attached" I say turning to him  "Our attached is someone we have a deep connection with who we can also mate with" he stares at me listening to every word that fell from my lips "because nature must be balanced there wasn't a guarantee we could mate with another Lycan due to our genes being so rare so we have an attached" I say looking at him wondering...was he mine?.