We were just kids (C21)

Even part Lycan I struggle to beat Kayden. I beat him barely which was a win but a loss at the same time. I stand at the top of the mountain waiting for him to make his way up. Less than a minute later her jogs up with a smirk "Gotta admit im impressed princess. and that doesnt happen often" he says not breaking eye contact as he takes deep breaths.

"Feel like a swim?" he asks "Yeah...Sure" I reply confused "Come on then" He says holding his hand out. I raise my eyebrows and take his hand. He looks at our joined hands probably getting the same feeling I was. He quickly drops my hand and walks over to the opposite end of the mountain "Ready" he asks looking down at me. "3...2...1" he says wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me down with him "Ahhhhh" I scream closing my eyes. I hit a deep pool of ice cold water. Shivers run down my spine. I open my eyes to see Kayden hiding a small smile.

We eventually float up to the surface gasping for air. I splash water at him completely soaked from head to toe. He just laughs and pushes his hair back. I begin panicking and going under water "Aaliyah" I hear him from above the surface "Aaliyah" I see white water beginning to cloud he dives down and pulls me up to the surface placing me against the icy ground pumping my chest "Aaliyah" he says waiting for me to wake up. I begin laughing and I hear him growl "Your fault for throwing me in ice cold water" I say still laughing "I literally saw my life flash before my eyes" he kneels with this hands placed on the group next to me "Aww" I jokingly put a hand on my heart "Dont flatter yourself your dad would have killed me. Hell my dad would have killed me" he says scoffing at the mention of his father "Atleast thats one thing we have in common" I say taking my shoes off "What is" he replies taking his shirt off "Both having emotionally unavailable fathers" I get back in to the water "What makes you think my fathers emotionally unavailable" he says getting in as well "I've met him? I've met you? and besides its an alpha trait" I swim in the same spot "is that right? And what about you? emotionally unavailable alpha?" he smirks "More like emotionally scarred" I accidentally let that slip out. His lips lock together making things awkward "Aal-" I knew he was either about to apologize or make things worse and I didn't want to hear either. I just wanted to enjoy this moment and the water "Look the suns about to rise" I say pointing to the orange and pink colours which were now painting the sky. He gives me one last apologetic look before turning to look at the sun.

I take this as an opportunity to duck down under the water. I pop back up in front of him "boo" I say being cliche. He lets out a small breath which I take as a laugh, he splashes me softly "I don't remember you ever being this playful when we were younger" he says "You didn't really know me when we were younger" I reply "yeah...I guess I didn't really make a effort huh" he replies, I just shrug and continue to swim.

The remainder of our swim was mostly quiet. We get out after about an hour and walk back to the tower soaking wet "Should we really be going this way?" I ask wondering if peering eyes would be watching "Yeah its fine, it's about lunch hour now so most of the packs would be in the grand hall" he says walking towards the clearing. I take his word for it and follow behind. He was right the clearing was deserted.

We quietly enter the tower and get in to the elevator. we make it to the top level without any stops which was a relief. The elevator doors open and we each walk our seperate ways "Aaliyah" He says my name. I take a deep breath and turn to him "Yeah?" I ask attempting to look unfazed " want to make an effort" he says looking as if he almost instantly regretted saying it "W-w" I stumble with my words completely confused wondering what he was talking about "I want to get to know you" i go to answer but he quickly adds "For my packs sake" I nod my head "Yeah thats fine. Maybe you could teach me about the other packs while you learn about me and mine" I suggest. He hesitates for a second before nodding. We each walk into our rooms.

I lock the door behind me and head straight for the shower once again. While in the shower I suddenly realize Jay wasn't here. He was probably at lunch. Knowing him he was probably 5 minutes early. I get out and dry myself before slipping in to a more formal outfit since I was done with training for the day.

I take my key card and walk out of the room locking the door behind me

I take my key card and walk out of the room locking the door behind me. Stepping out in to the hall I realize I had no idea where I was going, I knock on Kayden and Micheals door hoping they were still in there. After 2 knocks I hear laughter...a girls laughter. I stop knocking not wanting to interrupt. I decide to let my 'alpha abilities' guide me to the cafeteria.

Once I step out of the elevator still not a single wolf was in sight.

...

I walk almost all over the school for about an hour having no idea where I was going. I didnt want to explore any further considering no one knew where I was, and I had no idea if I was safe or not. I quickly get back to the tower and go back up to our room. I unlock the door to see jay still wasnt back. I scan through the fully stocked kitchen and shelves trying to figure out what I should make. I decide to make a simple Parmesan pasta with garlic and lemon.

I finally add the lemon zest to the top of the pasta just as jay walks through the door "Mmmmm what smells so good" he inhales "My lunch" I reply making myself a bowl "Aw Aaliyah how kind of you to make us lunch" he smiles "This is my lunch because you left me here" I say giving him the evils "I thought you were coming with Kayden" he says confused "but then again he was also asking where you were so we assumed you went back to bed or something". Seriously that's the best they could do? Just assume? . I just nod my head and continue to eat my food.