With open arms (12)

And there he was...Alpha Dean Ace standing with a select few members of his pack. I hesitate to scan the group looking for Kayden "what is it" Hunter says cover my hand with a concerned look on his face "nothing" I reply and smile at him. We each get out of our cars and form a triangle with Caroline in the centre while I stand in front of her as we escort her to her pack.

I reach the top of the stairs and look Alpha Dean directly in the eyes "Alpha" I say bowing my head "And who might this be" he says with a deep southern drawl  "Aaliyah King of the k-" He cuts me off "The kings pack...My my Aaliyah you have grown" he says shaking my hand firmly. I shyly smile and make way for Caroline. "My daughter" he says nodding his head "Alpha" she says bowing. "wheres mom?" she asks searching for her Luna. "Shes at home where she can be safe" he says not going into further detail.

The alpha thanks us for returning her safely and tells me our families should join again soon. we all get into the 7 seater my dad sent over."Well that was...something" Si says still sleepy.

Everyone else dozes off while I lie on Hunter. "Nervous?" he asks playing with my hand. I nod my head against his arm and think of how long its been since i've been with other...wolves.

I watch the gravel road as we draw further and further from the academy and closer to my pack.

Kaydens P.O.V

I sit in my room anticipating my sisters return. I was easily annoyed by my sister but if I was being honest she was the only person I could really talk to. My moms great but as a Luna she feels like she has to tell my dad every little thing. If I wanted him to know I would have talked to him directly. While away at the academy I had never really thought about the problems back home or realised how bad they'd gotten.

I hear the cars pull up and I race downstairs to the front door. The door slowly creeps open to reveal my Alpha and Sister walking up the stairs. I can see the pain and fear that was felt in her eyes, her usually brown eyes now had hints of red in them meaning her wolf half is ready to be triggered at any moment. "Caroline" I say embracing her in a hug glad she was home. "Kayden" she says falling into me fully. "come on now you two we have a lot to discuss in the office" Alpha says dismissing the guards. We follow behind him up the stairs not saying a word although I wanted to ask a million questions.

We sit in our fathers office waiting for him to speak but he sits there with this strange look on his face  "So Caroline. Tell us what happened in Cecelia and how you ended up in Ayala" my father asks Caroline who looked nervous. "Well I was enjoying a break away from the academy" she says lying about the fact she ran away from the academy "and then I got this really off sense in the back of my mind something wasn't right, so I began walking back to my bungalow when I smelt at least 10 rogues within the area I knew they were close because the smell was disgustingly strong, I began panicking I tried to grab my phone but this guy grabbed my hand" unable to contain my curiosity any longer "What did he look like" I ask "He-" she shivers "He looked dead, empty  and his skin. his skin was fair almost grey" huh? I think to myself. I'd seen plenty of rogues in course training and combat with the pack but id never come across one that looked anything like what she was describing "Alpha. have you ever come across rogues that look like this" I ask wondering if it was just a lack of experience. My father nods "Once." he says looking at the floor. was he...scared? "Continue uh.." he clears his throat "Caroline" she nods her head "I transformed and scratched across his chest and that must have angered the rest of them at least 12 rogues came out and began surrounding me, I ran as fast and as strong as I could, I ended up in this forest where I hid to catch my breath, but I could tell they were on to me I heard one run right past me but I stayed hidden till I knew where to run next then, I heard a howl not long after coming from the north which gave me hope I knew it was a wolf although it didnt smell like one I knew it was. I ran and I ran until I saw a clearing" I was at the edge of my seat waiting to hear the rest of what happens "there was a girl standing in the centre of the clearing black clothes and before I knew it she transformed and charged towards me, for a second I thought she would rip my head off but instead she lunged and soared right over me. I didnt see much of what happened but it was all over pretty quickly and yeah then her and the rest of them took me in and they're actually quiet amazing and her mates cool he-" she stops  herself realising the information was no longer relevant. Damn one female wolf and 11 rogues? she must be in the special ops for the council and by the sounds of it she was married.

"Well you two better get changed and ready to head back to the academy at 6am tomorrow" alpha says inviting us out of his office we both nod our heads and walk out. Im suprised Caroline agreed with no arguments.