Goodnight kiss (C28)

Kayden's P.O.V

"I-I Need to tell you something" she says looking nervous. Something I rarely saw on the face of the Aaliyah King. "I" she hesitates. "Okay" she exhales deeply. "I think we are mates" did she not listen to anything I just said? "We cant m-" She cuts me off which she did a lot "Actually we can. Today...today at the lake when we were arguing" I recall "Im not sure if you saw it or not...Maybe you were consumed in your own anger" she looks off of the balcony "Have you talked to your Lycan recently?" come to think of it I hadn't "No I havent, why?" she was confusing me and I didn't like it "Well I think he knows something you might not remember" what wouldn't I remember? "Talk to him" she looks at me. I turn my eyes black and block out the outside world.

Kai what it she talking about

Today at the lake I was forced in to submission. I was caught off guard and was too embrassed to tell you.

How

The girl. Shes's a Lycan. And I believe she is our mate. I didn't get a good look at her lycan but she feels so...familiar.

A LYCAN? How. Why didn't we feel it back then? She's been my mate this whole time??

I take possible we couldn't feel it because even though her Lycan takes longer to develop her abilities are a lot more advanced and develop quicker.

Why didn't I feel it more intensely this time around?

I think thats for her to tell you

He disappears into the darkness and Aaliyah is right in front of me with a concerned look. "Aaliyah why didn't you tell me" I say partly hurt but mostly interested in what this meant "I didn't know how you'd react" she fiddled with her bracelet "I'd be happy of course" I raise a brow "Well given the last time I didn't know what to expect. I was being careful, I didn't want to jump to conclusions but when I- I found this book about Lycans mating I saw that our bond could be dying thats why we barely feel it" she looks at me with what resembled fear in her eyes"H-how's that even posisble?" I ask considering I was never taught about it during my alpha training "Because we haven't been taking care of it because we've been apart for so long. I think the attachment phase has begun for me I'm not sure about you but if we let it die we'll find new mates. so should we?" She asks casually "Should we what?" I ask hoping she wouldn't say what I think she will "Let it die" she huffs.

I'm consumed with anger at the thought of her even thinking about finding a new mate. Was I not good enough for her? Who did she think she was. I get so angry my eyes turn black and Kai takes over.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

His eyes turn black before he rushes over to me causing me to flinch. Would he really hurt me? I'd never met his Lycan before what if he-

And just like that. Right in the middle of my overthinking he kisses me. It starts as a soft kiss before deepening into a passionate way inhale.  After what felt like years and what could last a million more I finally open my eyes and break the kiss. I see Kayden's eyes were back to his normal hazel colour "Don't say that again" he says looking down at me with his arms still tightly wrapped around my waist. "I-i" I had no clue what to say. I break eye contact in order to focus on my words. If I looked at him any longer they'd come out in gibberish "I" I clear my throat "I won't now get off me" I say laughing while attempting to push him away "Hey just because we're mates don't think you can start teasing me" he says tightening his grip and lowering his face towards mine with a smile. I roll my eyes and punch his gut before breaking free "Don't think because we're mates I'm going to get all gooey and give you special treatment" I point a finger at him "Fine don't expect me to hold your hand when we walk through the halls" he counters "Don't expect me to talk to you during class either" I fold my arms "Good. Don't expect me to let you win when we race" oh no he didn't. I narrow my eyes at him "Fine don't expect me to make you cookies" his face drops "You but- fine you want to play like that" he gives me a kiss so quick I almost got whiplash. I stand there wide eyed looking at him "Don't expect me to not kiss you every now and then" he winks before walking through to the living room "Hey where are you going?" I ask "home?" He says pointing at the door "Oh" well I felt stupid "Why did you want me to stay here. Cause I could" he smirks and begins walking to my room "Hey hey no slow your roll cowboy we're not at that stage yet" I push him back towards the door "Oh so we're at a stage?" He smiles as he slowly walks back out toward the door "what no I just meant that" he chuckles as I let out a frustrated grunt. I eventually get him all the way to the door, he looks at my two hands pressed against his chest "Are you seducing me princess" I lower my arms and narrow my eyes "Kidding" he says raising his arms and opening the door "Night princess" he says before disappearing into his room.