Home Alone (C48)

The elevators door open to reveal the cold darkness which I would have to endure till they all got back. I was unbelievably lonely without the sound of others. It was safe here for me I had nothing to be scared of it was Aaliyah I worried about. Not that I questioned her safety and the protection of the witches I just felt like she should be here with me.

I open the apartment doors to see nothing but the glimmering light from the moon. I sigh and turn the lights on. I had literally no idea what to do now.

I place my suitcase down on the bed and unzip it when I see a bright red piece of paper which hadn't been there when I packed it. I quickly read it hoping it wasn't a threat.

Hey man, I know you and I know you're not the type to say goodbye. Celeste told me you were leaving so I snuck into your room while you were in the shower and left this note for you. Don't worry you know this is from me because who else besides Aaliyah would know you have a birth Mark that looks like claw marks on your shoulder blade.

Anyways Caroline and I are sorry to leave you at a time like this so to make it up to you I have a container of Aaliyah cookies I'd been hiding from you. They're behind four black jars of garlic, onion, spice powder and ginger in the top shelf. Microwave them for 15 seconds to get them to taste fresh. Hopefully it'll make you feel better bro.

I shake my head and smile. I knew that asshole had been getting secret cookies from her I just couldn't figure out where. I shift the black jars to reveal a large container of Aaliyah's cookies sitting right there. Piece by Piece she was crawling her way back in to my heart. I look at the container for a second.

I don't give it a second thought and decide I'd make some Cookies and Milk. I pour two cups of milk into a saucepan and turn the oven up until it starts to simmer. I quickly take it off before that weird film thing forms at the top and I'd have to start again. I used to just heat it up for a minute in the microwave but Aaliyah got me and Micheal into the habit of making it on the stove. It always tasted better when she made it though.

I pour it into a large black Darth Vader mug and heat up about 10 cookies and put the rest back up on the shelf for later. Normally I just hung out with Micheal and talked about random shit or I was busy with pack stuff but I had everything taken care of before I left. I decided I'd sit out on the terrace and just gather my thoughts.

I set the Cookies and Milk on the glass table and take a seat on one of the chairs. I take a bite of a cookie wash down the salty and sweet flavours with some milk. I groan at how good they tasted. I forgot how much I'd missed them. It was weird having not even Kai with me. I thought I was this fearless lone wolf but the truth was other people is what made me feel me happy.

I glance over at her porch and think back to the time she jumped over to my room. She was so fearless and carefree. God we'd made so many memories in the short  amount of time we spent together. It's weird how I hadn't given them a second thought until I realise I may never make anymore with her. Three words. She just had to say those three words and we had nothing. Nothing that would guarantee she'd be in my life forever. Even losing her for a second scared the shit out of me.

I sit and finish the rest of my milk and cookies before heading to bed.

...

Later that night

"Kayden wake up. Kayden wake up." A voice whispers in the middle of my sleep.