Lycans and Libraries (C24)

"Is there a library around here by any chance?" I ask backing away from the balcony "Yeah near the main entrance" Caroline replies stepping away from the balcony "I can show you. For all the time I've known you I've learnt you're not the best with directions" Michael jokes, I nod and take a glance back down at Kayden before following behind Micheal to the library.

We walk down back the familiar course towards the Main building where we entered on our first day here. We make it to a large opening with opened huge golden doors. We walk through them to see an array of books for miles and miles.

We walk through each isle as Micheal announces what they are "You seem to have this place memorised. Read a lot?" I ask "Nope Kayden loves reading and all I can do is sit here and make games trying to memories each isle" Oh right I forgot. Kayden had told me he liked to read. "Which section did you say you were looking for again?" He looks at me from over his shoulder "Uh where's the werewolf section" I ask "This way" he quickens his pace.

We walk for about 10 minutes through this huge library until we enter the section titled "Werewolves".

"Thanks micheal" I give him a pat on the back before willingly getting lost in the isles searching for anything I could find on Lycans and mates.

I begin scanning through L when I realise I've read most of these books I pick out all the ones I haven't and read them page by page. I wasn't sure if it was a Lycan talent or just me but I could read a thousand paged book in under 3 minutes. I eventually land on a book called love and Lycanthropy. I almost thought it was a fictional book until I saw the golden feathered imprint on the back meaning it was a passed down scripture.

I scan through the book reading each word with care. I shut the book immediately after making it to page 836. It didn't make any sense. It said that the Lycan form of finding a mate should be much more intense than a wolf one. With me and Kayden it was the opposite. It felt like a dying version of a wolf one. I skim through the book to the part where I read about a dying bond. I run my finger along the words

Lycan bonds die after some time and begin attaching to new entities in order to continue population. Lycan bonds are also able to switch between species therefore the process of Haleonating may continue due to the genes carried. Most Lycans descend from all bloodlines.

I skim further down trying to figure out how Lycan bonds 'decide' to die. I find a paragraph a few pages earlier

Lycan bonds die when the bond is one sided, one mate has rejected the other, or the mates are not intimate enough for a prolonged period of time.

Wow where can I tick all of the above. Was I l? Was I right all along? Could Kayden and I... really be mates? Was our bond just dying? because for starters he had rejected me in the woods, two according to everyone else he was the most unfeeling person to ever exist. The only emotion he ever felt was anger, and lastly we haven't exactly been nurturing our bond not only have we been a million miles apart we also never really knew eachother before I left. I guess because I was a white Lycan I could sense the bond much earlier than Kayden which explained why he hadn't felt it yet. I exhale and read further through the book

Cutting Ties

In order for the bond to be permanently broken the two Lycans must reject each other. From this point on the bond with begin attaching itself to someone else much like the guardian bond which is broken when a mate is found.

My breath hitches at the mention of the word guardian.

Hunter.

He hadn't been allowing me in. I'd try contacting him but it was like he'd been blocking me out. I close the book having no idea what to do. If I don't tell Kayden I'm a lycan our Mate bond could die but if I do tell Kayden I'm a lycan he could either reject me and hold it against me or he could accept it and we'd live the happily ever after our packs expect from us. But as the saying goes that only happens in fairytales.

I needed someone to talk to for advice. Celeste was the best option. I wonder when the next time I'd see them was.

I put the book back and walk back towards the tower. The library was surprisingly empty and so was my route back to the tower. The elevator however was a different story. There were about three to four male wolves standing there waiting for the elevator. I decided I'd take the next one to lessen my chances of having any awkward run ins. The elevator opens and they all walk in. Just as the doors are about to close a hand stops the doors. "You comin' in". A guy asks poking his head out "Uh...sure" I say walking in. I hated how my confidence changed like the weather. I hear whispers as we go up each level which I choose to ignore.

We get up to the higher ranked levels and it's just me and one other guy in the elevator "You must be Aaliyah King" he says from behind me. I gulp and turn to meet his eyes. Studying him I had no idea who he was. He had no significant tattoos, markings or physical features apart from a septum piercing which Kayden never mentioned "Alex Vasquez. Ookami moon pack" he says extending his hand. I take it and give him a firm handshake "as you mentioned..Aaliyah King" I reply "Nice to finally meet you" he grins. Ookami moon pack? He was a tier below Kayden and I. The elevator doors open on his floor "Nice to meet you Aaliyah. I hope to see more of you" he winks and gets out of the elevator.

The doors ding as I reach our floor, I walk straight towards their door. My hand reaches the door but I hesitate. What was I doing? I didn't know what to say to him. I run my hand through my hair before exhaling and walking back over to my room door. I unlock it to see the table restored and everything back on it as if nothing had happened. Jay was fast asleep as I expected considering I'd been at the library for almost 4 hours.

I get changed and just go straight to bed deciding I'd have a shower before going for a run in the morning.

-Happy New Year Guys !! Xx