Our Beta's (C56)

Kayden

It was cool getting to know Jay. He was an alright guy and I was glad Aaliyah had him. At first he was a bit stand offish but I think he's slowly starting to like me which was good. It was all apart of my plan to prove myself to Aaliyah.

I walk back to our apartment to see it was empty. I raise my brow. Normally Micheal would be here. I assume he's next door and decide to jump in the shower. I was all sweaty from our work out.

I continue washing myself when I hear my phone ring. I quickly rinse myself off and wrap a towel around my waist before rushing to my phone.

"Hello" I say into the phone "Alpha" I hear a familiar voice on the other side of the phone "Hey seb" I say to my pack member Sebastian "Alpha I think it's time we start preparing for camp" oh shit I'd forgotten about camp. It wasn't much of a camp considering we stayed on school grounds anyways. I look up in the mirror analysing my body. Luckily I hadn't slacked off during break. I had camp cancelled last time after Aaliyah ran away. I didn't want my pack to suffer cause I was in a mood and I didn't want her pack to suffer because she was gone.

"Okay we'll all meet at the top of the mountain tomorrow morning" I hang up the phone and walk out to our balcony. The sun was now setting and Micheal still wasn't back. I didn't know wether to bother Aaliyah or not. Micheal always got weird around this time of year but I pretended not to notice. I knew Micheal really didn't like talking about his feelings as much as he made it seem like he was an open book.

I hear Aaliyah's balcony slide open and my head quickly darts over to see if it was her but unfortunately for me it was just Jay stretching. "Hey man" I hear from over the balcony. I turn my head to catch the end of Jay nodding at me. I knew we were cool and all but I still preferred if her addressed me as Alpha. "Hey" I reply "You guys getting ready for camp yet?" He calls out "Wouldn't you like to know" I chuckle as I walk closer to the edge "I'm not sweating it" Jay says smirking "Yeah whys that?" I ask leaning on the railing "Because I don't know if you've met our Alpha but she's pretty competitive" he says looking back in to his room. I smile at the thought of Aaliyah "Trust me I know" I laugh "See you at Camp. Ace" he says walking towards the door "Hey Jay" I call out "Yo" he says turning to face me "It's Alpha to you" I say back to him "Okay Ace" He says walking back in to his room. Little shit. He knew I couldn't touch him if I wanted Aaliyah back.

I shake my head as I walk back in to my room. I decided not to wait up for Micheal and head to bed. I just hope he's back before the meeting tomorrow.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

We all wake up at the crack of dawn. No matter how deep or heavy our sleep was we always managed to wake up before the sun did. Well me and Jay at least . I wasn't too sure about Micheal or his morning routine, atleast this morning he seemed a lot happier than he was last night. "Good morning Aaliyah" he says smiling as I flip the pancakes I was making "Morning Micheal" I say s as I place the last pancake on the plate  "thanks again for last night" he says from behind the other side of the counter "Don't worry I'm always here for you" I reply "Well I better get back before Kayden kills me" he laughs as he walks towards the door. I quickly run over to him "Hey nope where do you think you're going" I say moving in front of the door "Back to-" I cut him off "Nope you are staying for breakfast" I say looking at him "As good as that bacon and those pancakes smell I don't wanna Intrude I think I've been hogging you too much and plus Kayden's-" this coming for the guy who literally invited himself in to our house when he smells me baking cookies "Micheal you're basically family now. Come sit don't worry about Kayden I'll handle him you just come sit and eat with Jay" I say as Jay walks in with his training gear. "Hey Liyah are we going yet?" He asks. I wait a few more second for the smell of bacon, fresh fruit, and pancakes to hit his nose "Oh nevermind" he says smiling like a little kid on Christmas. Micheal and I both stare at him scanning all of the food "I recommend you get in there before he eats it all" I whisper to Micheal. He nods and smiles at me before walking back over to the table.

I watch from the door as they both sit there and eat their food. Is this what it felt like to be a Luna?.

"Hey guys I'll be back soon k" I say opening the front door "Where's she going?" I hear Jay ask "probably to see Kayden" Micheal guesses.