Birthday girl (C35)

I've spent the last two nights here at the coven house still not ready to face Kayden. I wasn't sure if I was hurt or angry but I knew either way I'd slap him. Not just for me but for Jay as well.

It was weird staying here. Random girls would show up looking for Hunter but he would shoo them away. Mar, Celeste, and si rarely slept here which was suspicious. Jay hadn't come to visit since I passed out which was good considering Kayden could easily follow him here.

I wake up and look around my room. Wow they really don't care. When we were in Ayala everyone would wake me up with a stack of pancakes wearing party hats and  holding balloons. Guess that was only because aunt Taliah and Uncle Silo thought it was cute.

I shrug getting out of bed. Wow was I really 18? I remember Hunters 18th  that's when he became a full witch and we had that huge party. I quickly rush to my phone hoping I hadn't over slept or missed a call from our Alpha.

Once I reach my phone I see zero calls and zero texts. I begin pinching myself hoping this was all some fucked up dream. I walk into the kitchen to see there was literally no one home. There was note left on the table which gave me some hope to hold on to. I walk closer to it to see Hunters cursive writing on the paper. I smile and pick the note up.

We had to go to class today. Hope you had a good sleep. Eat something.

-Hunter

Okay this was all just some joke. "Okay guys you can stop messing around now" I call out to no one "Guys" I call hoping they would jump out and yell surprise any minute now.

Wow they were really gone. I decided I wanted to go for a swim but not just anywhere. I wanted to go for a swim at the lake. I put on a bikini and slip on some clothes over the top.

I walk down through the bushes. As I walk closer I hear giggles and laughter. Walking towards the lake I see a that same girl in a tiny black bikini and Kayden swimming shirtless beside her. I pause so incredibly hurt I no longer had any sense of what to do. Kayden turns his head in my direction probably smelling my scent. I quickly crouch down and get away.

I run back to the coven house masking my scent hoping Kayden wouldn't catch on. So much for a birthday. My mates off with some other girl. My "friends" don't care and my family forgot. I open the door ready to eat some junk and watch Netflix. As I walk through the house it was extremely quiet...too quiet. I walk through the house checking each room before walking back out to the lounge when Everything goes black, a bag is placed over my head and a pair of arms wrap around my left arm. I slowly detect where they're standing and use my right arm to give them one hit to the throat, two to the face and one in the groin. I take the bag off to see Micheal groaning on the ground and Jay laughing next to me.

"Why didn't you grab her other arm man?" He grunts "Because she would've turned and it would've scared the shit out of both of us" jay knew better that to surprise me "Then why did you agree to the plan?" Micheal says standing up "Because it was funny" jay says still laughing "What's going on?" I ask annoyed "Well it was our job to take you to Hunter he's having a dinner for just the two of you and we were your escorts" ohhhh.... "So can you get ready and follow us pretty please" Jay says smiling "Fine" I roll my eyes attempting to hide my excitement "Great" Micheal eyes widen "Here's your dress" Jay hands me a black dress cover."It was already picked" I raise a brow "By who?" I ask "You'll see" he smiles before walking to the kitchen with Micheal.

I head to Hunters room and unzip the black cover to reveal a beautiful backless silk white dress. I smile at how beautiful it was. There were no flashy colours or huge layered skirts drowning me. I loved it. I smile and throw it on. I felt like...like a princess.

You are one

You are one

Kyla says

Thank you Kyla

Happy birthday Aaliyah.

I smile. It did finally feel like my birthday. Although my birth story wasn't the greatest. It was really bad first my mom went into labour way earlier than expected. Our Alpha wasn't home bound until 2 months into the pregnancy but since the birth was so early he was in Italy handling business and not to mention everyone was extremely disappointed I was a girl. Wow now looking back at it I was a huge unexpected disappointment. "Ready" Jay calls as he knocks on the door. "Yeah coming" I take a deep breath. Tonight would be the night I get over the feeling of not being enough. I am enough and always will be. I hold my head high and walk as Jay and Micheal escort me to Hunter.

"Wow...you look" Micheal gulps "Nice work Alpha" Jay says coming and giving me a casual fist bump causing me to laugh.

We walk through the Forrest to a huge clearing. I stood there confused. Huh? There was no one here?. I look at them confused. They smile at each other. A purple glow begins falling from the sky in a line. I gasp. An invisible barrier reveals a huge white tent which covered the entire clearing. Micheal and Jay smile as they walk behind me towards the white carpet leading into the tent.

The inside was completely black. I walk further and further into the tent. A huge light comes on and the Tent was full. My pack was here. Fairy lights hung from the roof and all over the sides. It was beautiful. I could cry. I walk through the path that cleared for me to see a throne. I look around to see Micheal and Jay has left.

Sit

I hear Hunters voice in my head. My breath hitches as I get a fright. I quickly sit confused. Two young boys walk towards me holding a crown stopping at my feet "For me?" I speak softly to them. They each nod and smile. I smile back and put the crown on my head "Happy birthday Alpha Aaliyah" one of them squeaks "Thank you" my heart warms. I loved the sound of that.

Each of the boys run off into the crowd. I sit on the chair not sure what to do. The path in front of me was still cleared. I take deep breathes realising the whole pack was still staring at me. After a few moments of silence Hunter appears at the end of the path in a Black suit, white shirt and black bow tie. He begins walking down towards me. He smiles as he approaches. He pulls out about 10 white roses and hands them to me. He pulls out a microphone and turns away from me "Thank you to everyone for coming to celebrate your future Alphas birthday" Hunter says to the pack "for most of you she's a mere stranger a name...a face...just some girl but to me" he turns and looks me in my eyes "She's everything" my heart melts at his word "But this isn't about me this is about her... and I think it's time you all get to know your Alpha" everyone cheers. Oh nooo he wasn't going to make me do a speech was he. "Shes not one for public speeches. So let me introduce her to you. Your future Alpha Aaliyah King is..."