A little girl talk (C15)

After hours of my father unable to catch up, I run back to the house and change. I walk up to the dining area once again full of my friends and family excluding my father of course. "Good run sweetheart?" my mom says smiling "Excellent," I say sitting next to Mar.

Just as I'm finishing my third rib my dad comes walking in n.He walks over and gives my mom a kiss before sitting at the opposite end of the table "Gross" Si groans. My mother rolls her eyes. "These last few hours have been great," my father says leaving room for conversation . and here comes the much expected...but. "But" and there it is "The academy is still the safest place for you all," he says looking at me "But" what a double? there has never been a double but before "Aaliyah you have really proven yourself in defensive tactics, Ability to escape an enemy and outrun the alpha and soon to be beta of your pack. I am..." he pauses "proud of you" my heart flushes in joy to hear those words from my father. Hunter looks up to me and smiles.

We finish the rest of the meal in peace and hunter volunteers us both to help clean up. I do the dishes while he packs up the table and my mom puts the extra food away.

"Im gonna shoot off to bed," Hunter says smiling "Call me if you need anything," he says before leaving the kitchen. I return back to doing the dishes. While im doing them I can feel my mom staring "What is it?" I ask rinsing off a plate "I haven't talked to you in years Aaliyah I've missed out on five years of girl talk so, please...Talk to me" My mom says sounding as if she were begging. I take a deep breath and turn to her. We just stand there looking at each other studying each other in silence. "Your fathers getting old you know" she says out of the blue. I nod my head in response "You. will be alpha in a few short years Aaliyah" she says nodding at me "I kn-" she cuts me off "You may be ready to be a fighter and a hunter but are you ready to be an alpha" she asks tilting her head "I-i" I thought I was sure but the look she was giving me was making me doubt myself. The powers of a luna and her words "Exactly...you may not agree with our decision to send you and your sister away but just remember those people in that academy are not just your peers they are also your future allies, enemies, and possibly mate unless of course you've already found him" she says raising her eyebrows. Everything she was saying made much more sense than 'you will be safer there' I nod my head finally understanding "I-i haven't found my mate yet" I say looking to the ground unsure. Had I found my mate?.

"Well, you have a long day ahead of you sweetheart you better get some rest" my mom says winking at me "You go on ill finish up," she says walking towards the sink. I smile and thank her before walking upstairs into my bedroom.

'goodnight princess x' a note on my bed likely left by Hunter. I smile and close my eyes dreading tomorrow