unconscious (C34)

Aaliyah

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. The scent filled me with joy momentarily until I opened my eyes and realised how swollen they felt. Then I realised I'd been crying and I knew exactly why. Over a stupid boy.

I look in the mirror and god I looked Awful. I try washing my face repeatedly but nothing gave in I still looked like complete trash. I walk in to the kitchen to Hunter with his back to me as he made pancakes. "Hey sleepy head" He says turning around and smiling at me. I quickly cover my face. "Hey..." he says as his footsteps draw closer to me "What are you doing" he whispers "Don't look at me I look disgusting" I wasn't the type to be insecure but I looked pitiful "You had a rough night Aaliyah I don't expect you to look like a pageant queen...cmon stop being silly and let's eat" I lower my hands slowly to see Hunters smiling face. I nod and sit at the table with him. I hadn't realised till now I was wearing his jumper and a pair of his pyjama pants. He smiles as he sits down with the plate of pancakes.

We didn't talk much we just sat and ate "I invited Jordan over" he says breaking the silence "He uh wanted to see how you were doing in the morning" he says looking at the clock "Hmm he should've been here by now" he says tilting his head, that was weird Jordan was reliable when he says he wants to do something he will.

We finish breakfast and wash the dishes "So What does my little wolf want to do today" he claps his hands together and smiles "I-" I wasn't sure what I wanted to do? Lay down and die. Lie in a pool of my tears. I guess I'll take the next best option "Can we go for a swim?" I ask "of course there's a pool around the back" he says taking my hand and walking me down the hall. "Just borrow a swim suit from mar or Celeste their rooms are on the far side of the house to the corner" I nod at his instruction and make sure to follow them carefully. I find Celeste's room. I knew it was hers judging by the Neutral tones and mature accents throughout the room. I slide open her top draw finding an abundance of black, white, nude, and green bikinis. I take out a burnt orange two piece and slip it on. I take out my hair before I get a headache and walk back towards the front door. Hunter walk out from the Hall shirtless with a pair of shorts on "Ready" he says taking my hand and leading me towards the back door.

As we walk out I hear the crunch of slow footsteps. Hunter holds me behind him and scans the area "It's Jordan" he says letting go of me. I look up to see Jordan bruised and holding his sides and he walked towards me. "Jay" I say running towards him. "What happened?" I ask as my heart begins to beat fast. Protecting my beta was one of my biggest responsibilities and I couldn't even do that because I was here sulking over- "Kayden h...he wanted to know " he wheezes "Where you were" he finishes still holding his sides "I'm going to kill him" it was bad enough he hurt me that was fine I could deal with it but this was unacceptable I'm going to kill him for touching me beta.

My eyes start glowing and I begin hyperventilating. Kyla was going insane. She couldn't stand Kayden and Kai right now. "Aaliyah no don't" Jay says as I begin shifting. I tried to speak but Kyla wouldn't let me. "It's not her it's Kyla she's angry" Hunter says holding his hands out slowly walking towards me. I get on my knees as I'm on the brink of transforming.

"Aaliyah you're alright okay. You're fine look at my eyes and come back Aaliyah" I focus on my breathing even though breathing made me feel like my lungs were full of glass. I try take control just like I did when I first shifted. I fight Kyla shoving her back down into my subconscious. I breathe heavily feeling suffocated "Aaliyah" I feel Jordan's hand on my shoulder "Calm down" Hunter says also putting his hand on my shoulder.

I let out a whimper before a feeling of release washes over me and I pass out.

☁️

"-she's just overwhelmed give her some space okay" I hear the echo of Hunters voice. I open my eyes to see the whole night clan standing around me each with concerned looks.Their faces quickly change one they see I'm awake.

"Oh she's awake" Celeste says before leaving the room "Good" mar says also leaving the room followed by Si. Hunter and Jordan stay in the room right next to me "Don't worry about them they're probably just stressed about witch examinations" I nod my head starting to have serious doubts about who my real friends were. I mean after what Celeste said after that day in the grand hall it got me thinking and I realised what if I really was just their moms friends daughter who they were forced to be nice to, would Jay still be my friend if he wasn't chosen to be my beta, would Hunter have given me a second look if he wasn't forced to be my guardian, did Kayden even like me beyond our mate bond or did he like girls like Tera. I sigh knowing I'll never know the true answer to those questions.

"-stop it" Hunter says grabbing my hand "You're hurting your own feelings by over thinking" I take a deep breath and attempt to get rid of any negative thoughts still lingering. "But I just-" I attempt to confront my suspicions "nope save it we are going for a swim" Hunter says lifting me over his shoulder as I was still in a bikini.

"Should she be swimming she just woke up?"Jay says visibly concerned. Hunter looks and him and smirks "I've seen worse happen to her I think she'll be fine" he replies before walking outside towards the pool.

"Bombs away" he calls out as he throws me in the water. I laugh as the cold pool water washes over me "Glad to see a smiling face" he says before slowly hoping in "Boringggg" I call as he walks towards me. He pretends to look behind himself "Me? Boring? Never" he laughs sarcastically. I splash him which I almost instantly regret. We have a water fight which lasted until I pretended to be hurt to scare Hunter and he splashed a huge wave of water at me, while I was mid laugh making me swallow a whole lot of water.

I laughed it off and so did he "I'm glad to see you smiling again" he says slicking back his wet hair "Just in time for the big event. You know whats coming up..." he says with a huge grin. Holy shit I forgot it was my birthday in two days. Fuck I'm going to be expected to find a mate. That's just great. "-School camp" he says confusing me "Huh?" I ask "the school camp in five days" he smiles. Was he serious? "Oh right school camp" I smile disappointed he forgot my birthday.