And so my heart dropped (C54)

Kayden

I sit alone at my packs unofficial lunch table. I couldn't stand being all alone in that tower constantly reminded of what an idiot I was.

"She's back. She looks good" I hear a few walkie Talkies say as they pass me "Shes definitely glowing, she must've snuck away on a v vacation " the other girl replies. I was attempting to finish pride and prejudice but their stupid gossiping was interfering with that. I could of course go to the library but there was no eating in the library even for Alphas. Some rule about equality. Let's see where your equality is when Kai's gnawing on your bones.

"I still can't believe she's going to be the first female alpha" the apple I was chewing on now drops. They were talking about Aaliyah "Omgggg she's here" one of them squeals. My head darts to the entrance and for some stupid reason I spring to my feet. I see her walking in with Jay. She looked a lot better than when I last saw her. I smile and watch her from a far as she makes her way to the line. I slowly begin approaching her when I see Alex come out of no where and approach her. I could rip his throat out but I didn't. Progress I think to myself.

I take a deep breath. I wanted to approach her. I wanted to run up to her and hold her in my arms. But all I could do was watch from a far and hope my heart didn't fall any further in to my stomach. I was in it for the long run now. My alpha nature compelled me to act on impulses but if I wanted to redeem myself I'd have to time it perfectly.

I swiftly walk out of the hall not wanting to draw too much attention to myself.

Aaliyah

"Is he gone" I say through gritted teeth to Jay who was standing protectively behind me "Yeah he just left" he says softly "Right after Alex left he walked out" I sigh. I hope he wasn't throwing a fit over Alex talking to me.

We take our food and sit at a table towards the back. Other students stared and gossiped as I walked past but I didn't bother paying any attention to them.

After lunch we go back to the room for a much needed nap. We decide to watch the second Twilight film after finishing the first one on the plane ride over. We both end up falling asleep on the couch

COME HERE AALIYAH. WHERE ARE YOU his voice was deep. It was dark. It was unfamiliar. AALIYAH GET BACK HERE the voice calls through the dark. I turn to see his hand reaching out for me. My heart drops. YOU I say to him GET AWAY FROM ME I scream GET AWAY

I wake up to see I was sweating. Jay was no longer in the room. I run to his room hoping he was in there but nothing. He was gone. I felt like I'd woken up from one nightmare and been tossed in to another one. I hadn't felt so alone since I was thirteen. But even then I had Si.

I look at our front door afraid of what could be on the other side. I walk rush next door hoping they were home.

I'd never experienced a panic attack before. At least not this bad.

The door slowly opens to reveal Micheal in a towel with his hair dripping wet. I let out a sigh of relief not only to see him but also the fact it wasn't Kayden "Aaliyah is everything alright? I was just about to come check on you" I wrap my arms around him. I wasn't sure why but all I knew was that I needed to make sure he was real. Lately I haven't  been able to tell the difference between my nightmares and reality.

"Hey I got you, you're okay" he says rubbing my back " but also I'm wet and need to get change" he says with a small laugh "Oh right" I say now feeling calm. I let go and take a step back. "Wait in here I'll get dressed and we can go back to your room okay" he says smiling. I nod my head "Don't worry Kaydens gone to class so he won't be back till 4" I look up at their clock to see it was only 1. Micheal gives me a reassuring smile before returning to his room.

I sit on their sofa to see things were exactly as they were the last time I was here. I think back to the last time I was here when we told everyone we were mates. I smile remembering how happy I was when he said the words confirming what I felt was mutual. It was scary to think how quickly things changed. I felt bad for not letting him explain but he had done so much to make me not trust him maybe we were beyond explanations.

Micheal walks out in grey track pants and a yellow jumper "Ready" he says softly "Yeah" I say standing up. He rushes over to the door to open it for me "Thanks" I smile as I walk out.

We get back to my room and turn on the TV. I still hadn't figured out where Jay went. I'm just happy Micheal was next door, I don't know what I'd have done if he wasn't there, especially with Hunter back in Ayala.

"So why did you scream" Micheals asks facing me with one of his legs folded and the other handing off of the couch "I-" I hesitated to answer. Should I tell him about Kyla. "I just had a bad dream about the guys that the kidnapped me. There was one in particular that just gave me the creeps" I shiver at the image that was now in my head "Yeah PTSD I experienced that" he says looking down at his hands "Really?" I say surprised. Micheal was always happy apart from the times he's serious but I've never seen him scared or sad. "Yeah after my mate Taylor died" my heart drops for the 100th time today "M-Micheal I'm so sorry" I didn't know what else to says "It's fine" he says frowning with his head down "I was fifteen when she died. I didn't tell anyone that I'd met her let alone that she was my mate. It wasn't cause I was embarrassed of her it was because she was shy. She was apart of a weird pack that studied other packs. Eventually she got sick and then I got a letter saying she'd died" I look to see he was fighting back tears. It was against wolf law to fake your death so getting that letter must have hit him hard. Especially at fifteen "Kayden picked up on my mood but I hid it as well as I could" he says letting a tear slip "After that I had dreams of her every now and then and sometimes I wasn't able to tell if it was real of fake" that's exactly what I was going through "Your hands" he says smiling "If you look at your hands and have five fingers on each hand you know you're not dreaming" I look down at my hands to see I did have 5 on each hand "Aaliyah" he says looking at me like he was about to break "Hey it's not healthy to keep your emotion in like that especially for so long" I say opening my arms. He nestles inside them like a younger brother "Thank you Liyah" he says letting some tears slip "Anytime" I say rubbing his back.

"Come on enough crying now" I say standing up."Let go" I say with a smile "Go where?" He asks "We're going to go 'borrow' some ingredients from the school kitchen to make some feel better cookies" he responds with a small smile.