Meetings, Mistakes, and Mates(C51)

Aaliyah

We decide to take an ocean view walk, within the coven grounds of course. This walk felt different from the others we'd taken before. We weren't able to wander freely or fully enjoy the conversation due to having to be alert at all times "Did you believe what the elder said?" I ask Hunter "What do you mean?" he asks innocently, Hunter was always a critical thinker apart from when it came to coven teachings, he never questioned certain coven laws or the words of the elders. His reasoning was always he didn't have enough knowledge to oppose them "I'm not sure" I say "something in the way the elder spoke it just felt all too cliche for me like she" I trail off trying to think of the right way to put it "Like she had to come up with something in the moment to get me to drop the vision I had" I say hoping I didn't sound crazy "You know I'm a very secure man Lia" he says looking down at me. I look up at him and nod my head "Too well" I joke letting out a small laugh "So you don't have to protect me if what the elder said was true" he says still not believing the elder wasn't completely truthful with us "trust me it's not that" I quickly reply "We both know the connection Kayden and I had even if it were weak he might always linger in my  subconscious" I state hoping he would understand I'm not trying to deny Kayden and Is connection "and I'm not saying the elder was saying that because they weren't able to interpret my vision I think they were able to interpret my vision they just didn't want to express with me what it actually meant" I explain "Why would the elder do that?" he asks seeming confused "exactly that's what I'm trying to figure out" I say hoping he would help "It is possible" he says finally agreeing with me "The elders normally talked in code to not sway the future too much" I could see the cogs in his brain turning "But this elder was so clear about  what your dream meant almost like she was trying to convince you to forget" he says looking down at me. I shrug my shoulders having even less of an idea what my visions meant now "Can I take a look?" Hunter asks still bothering to ask permission even years after  knowing eachother. He slowly slides his hands on the sides of my face under my hair.

After a few minutes he lets go and looks at me with sad eyes "Why didn't you tell me Kyla wasn't back yet?" he says looking hurt "I-" I had completely forgotten I was too busy thinking about the vision I hadn't even "You didn't know?" He says reading my facial expression "I did but I was distracted" I say beginning to feel light headed "Aaliyah" he says wrapping his arm around me to stabilise me "Here sit" he says using his powers to slide a large rock over. I take a seat "What else did you see in the vision" I ask trying not to think to hard about Kyla "I didn't see much other than you" he replies "Was I covered in blood?" I ask "No you were, you were glowing. There was a good light around you" I look at him glad he was able to see that part "strange right?" I ask to which he nods his head "What could it mean" he scratches his head "I have never read about gold glows?" He says confused.

💫

We come up with theory a little longer before Hunter helps me back to the coven house. As soon as we get back I mind link Jay to meet me in my room now."Where are you going?" Hunter asks as I rush down the hall "Just checking on something" I say before walking down the stairs.

I walk down the hall to my room to see Jay leaning on my bed frame "We need to talk I say closing the door" he gets up and stands up straight "yeah what is it?" He says sounding a little less eager than normal "What's wrong?" I ask "Nothing" he says looking to the ground "Jay...what's. Wrong" I say now getting mad hoping no one had done anything to him or I swear to god- "Si" he says causing me to calm down. I couldn't kill my own sister "What about her?" I ask still keeping my distance "She let me go" he says looking at the ground "I thought if- if I rejected my mate she would want to be with me. that we could be together but..." he looks outside "I guess not" his jaw stiffens "Jay you rejected your mate?" I ask walking closer to him "Yeah but-" I cut him off "Who was she?" I ask with concern. She would be a very important member of our pack "Her names Kayla she's from the Bluewater pack. She's the alphas daughter" the blue water pack was one of our allies and 5th in the ranks "Why would you reject her?" I say knowing how hard it must have been "Because I love Si" he says "Jay" I say walking over to him and giving him the warmest hug I could.

I couldn't change the laws of nature but I could be there for my beta "tell anyone about this and you're Kyla food" I say hoping to make him laugh. It works as he chuckles softly "Aaliy-" the sound of Si's voice interrupts our moment "Oh sorry" she says backing out "No wait" Jay says as she sprints out of the room "I got her you start packing" I say patting him on the shoulder. He nods his head "packing for what?" He asks "We are going back to the academy and you are going to find Kayla and tell her you regret what you did and you at least want to get to know her. Okay" I say raising my eyebrows at him "Fine" he nods before I run out.

I chase after si and find her sitting in the garden "Si" I say approaching her softly. She turns around and her eyes are soaked in tears "Do you think I wanted to hurt him? It's killing me to see him in pain but I can't do it Aaliyah do you know how much it sucks loving someone to can never be with" my mind flicks to Hunter  "Trust me si of all people I would know" I say looking to the ground. Si sniffs snapping me out of my moment of weakness "Hey hey hey look at me" I say channeling an inner Hunter pep talk "You are going to get through this. I am your sister and wouldn't let anyone hurt you and I love Jay like a brother, being apart you're both hurt but being together you're still in pain knowing you can never be together so maybe..." I look at her sad eyes "Maybe it's for the best si" her breath hitches followed by a flood of tears "Listen to me. Me, you and the girls are going to have a girls night before we go back to the academy and the boys are going to cheer up Jay" I say rubbing her back "Okay" I say as she looks up to me. She nods her head reluctantly"Okay come on then I'm taking you for a bath, then I'll find the others and plan the best girls night ever" she trudges behind me as I drag her into her room. Since when was I mother Teresa.

Once she's safely in her room and we've avoided Jay I leave her in the bed and draw her a bath with essential oil and scented candles to relax her. Peach was her favourite. I tie her hair into a messy bun and out of her face and leave her to get in the bath while I collect the others.

We all meet at my room,it almost makes me dizzy having everyone together "Okay so why did no one tell me about Jay and Si?" I ask each of them "I was only gone for a month and I missed out on everything" everyone looked so confused "You really didn't know? Jay rejected his mate and then si rejected him" I say causing them all to gasp "Poor Jay" Celeste says "Poor Si" mar says "Yeah well there's no time to pity them we need to cheer them up before we return to the academy" I say "Wait you're coming back to the academy?" Hunter says surprise. Luckily my father was dealing with the guys and their mates and took them back to the pack after I was rescued and at least I'd given him a lead "Yes I'm returning to the academy" I announce "Anyways let get this plan underway you Boys figure out your thing and us girls will do ours" it was weird seeing Hunter and Micheal together but I liked it. They both leave together while us girls discuss our plan.

We quickly decided before Si got out of the bath Caroline would get the face masks Mar would get the snacks and Celeste would set out the beds while I chose the movies and checked on the boys. Everything was set now I just had to go check what the boys had planned.

I skip over to Hunters room to see the three of them playing video games on the projector screen "Hey liyah wanna join" Micheal says inviting me over "my team" Hunter and Jay say in unison "Sorry boys I'll kick your asses another time I was just checking in" I say smiling "We're good" Jay says sounding a lot more normal. Hunter turns around and winks at me. I smile and close the door.

A/N:This chapters for all the Jay lovers who have been dming me‼️💗 hopefully you guys like it. Sorry if you shipped Si and Jay hopefully they'll be reunited...

A/N: sorry that si's name keeps changing its my auto correct if you see Sierra/Sienna just know that it's Si/ Aaliyah's sister.