A cabin in the mountians (C59)

Aaliyah

"Hey Liyah you ready to go?" Jay says as he walks into my room "Yeah I'll be out soon" I reply  "Woah" he says looking at my luggage "You do realise it's only for a week right?" He says considering I'd packed all the warm, dry clothes I had. Body heat usually wasn't something I had to worry about. If Kyla were still here I could run in the snow in a bikini, but unfortunately she's not so I'm stuck looking like a snowman. "Have you finished packing?" I ask zipping up my final suitcase case "Yeah" he says with a proud smile "Has the academy staff dropped the car off yet?" I ask considering I did not want to walk with all this luggage "Yeah I grabbed the keys while you were looking for your furry brown jacket" he says holding up a clicker "Okay while I'm driving" I say attempting to grab the keys from him "Aaliyah do you even know how to drive?" He says raising his brow "Yes of course" I say slightly lying. I'd never learnt cause I ran everywhere or was driven by guards "Aaliyah" he says dragging the ahhhh. I roll my eyes and take my bags "That's what I thought" he says with a chuckle.

We load the car and Jay drives us with an all too proud look on his face. I just roll my eyes and connect my phone to the car. There were no roads so we had to drive fairly slow. Luckily campus cars were everything proof so we didn't have to worry about being attacked. We were no where near the cabin but for some reason Jay stopped in the middle of the open fields "Aaliyah I-" I hold my breath. Please tell me he was not about confess his love for me or something cause I would not be able to deal with it "I need you to be honest with me" he says in a more brotherly than loving tone. Well I wasn't expecting that... "Yeah of course" I reply "Are you-" he pauses and looks out the window "Are you going rogue?" He whispers "What!?" I ask confused "Why would you think I'm going rogue" I ask raising my voice offended he'd even ask that "Well... I can't feel Kyla or you... I can't hear your thoughts or feel your warmth anymore I just assumed..." oh crap. I look to my fingers which suddenly became the most interesting thing in the car right now "Aaliyah what's going on" he asks with soft eyes "I don't know what happened to kyla" I mumble on purpose so he couldnt hear what I was saying "What? I may have wolf hearing but you'll need to say actual words for me to hear" he says turning towards me "I-" it was hard to say it out loud "I don't know...what happened...to...Kyla" I say quietly "What do you mean you don't know what happened?" He asks "I mean she's just... gone" he doesn't gasp, he doesn't react, he doesn't say anything. He just slides his hand on top of mine "Aaliyah I-" he didn't know what to say and to be honest neither did I. "I'm sure she'll be back" he says patting my hand "You guys are eternally linked" he says nodding his head "Unless she's dead" I say being the cynic "she is not dead she's just healing up. She WILL come back when the time is right" he says putting an emphasis on will. I smile at the re assurance and tell him I'll be fine. He nods before driving off.

As we came up to the snowy mountains it was peaceful, calm, and inviting but the deeper we got the worse the storm got. Hail and snow were smashing at the windows while the clouds were a dark grey. We finally see the large wooden cabin in the middle of the snow fields and trees. We park the car close to the steps "So what should we do? You'll freeze and die if you go out there. Even I'm cold and I have my wolf" Jay says looking concerned "I'll just put on a few layers and make a run for it I mean humans can do it" I say shrugging it off. We both knew the Aurelian snow was way worse than any human winter which is why it was safe for us to be here without guards."Aaliyah we could just go back and stay in the common rooms" Jay says smiling. I bite my lip and nod. The heaters were on full blast in the car and I was still freezing. Jay attempt to turn the engine over but it dies. It wouldn't even make the second broom noise it'd just make that vibrating noise then stop. I let out a sigh as Jay grunts "Guess one night won't kill me" I say leaning towards the back to get out a jacket "Aaliyah are you sure?" He asks one last time "Yeah" I say as I zip up my Jacket "Okay I'll get the stuff you just run inside okay" He was really good at taking charge, if I didn't have so much pressure on me I may have consider abdicating to let Jay be Alpha. I smile as he gets the house key for me "Here" he says handing me a silver key "On 3" I say holding my door handle "One" I say "Two" he says as I take a deep breath "Three" we say in unison as we rush out of the car. As soon as I touch the floor my body goes in to shock. It felt like a really bad brain freeze...EVERYWHERE. I quickly run to the cabin  and unlock the door. I leap in and  take a deep breath attempting to get warm air back in to my lungs. After warming up slightly I finally took the time to look up at the cabin. It was beautiful in here. It was classic wooden interior. The whole place felt like home. I smiled and paced around the house. No doubt I was still freezing to death only now I was in awe of the cabin.

I hear jay come in as I walk down the long halls. It was funny the further I walked the warmer I got. I take a sharp turn around the corner and scream as I collide with a shirtless male body I feel a hand cover my mouth as we fall to the ground. After re adjusting my vision I look to see Kayden with dripping wet hair. I gulp before removing his hand from my mouth. I quickly stand up and re adjust my jacket "Aaliyah" Jay comes racing in. Kayden stands up from the ground "Oh" he says as he sees Kayden "What're you doing here?" Jay asks. Kayden looks to me then back to Jay as if he didn't know how to speak "We uh-" he clears his throat "Our apartment was flooded so it was either here or the common rooms" Great so everyone's rooms were ruined.

Micheal comes out from the room in a black shirt and black shorts smiling "Oh hey guys" he says innocently "Aaliyah we should-" Jay says before he's cut off by Micheal "Stay. You guys should stay" I look at Kayden and let out a deep breath. I knew our car wouldn't start and with this weather there was no way I could run "Okay but I get to pick my room" everyone nods with a smile. I walk past Kayden and begin looking through the rooms. I could see Micheal and Kaydens bags weren't placed in any rooms yet so they knew we were coming. I tip toe through each room and although they were lovely there were only three of them and each of them were freezing cold. I walk out into the living area and  realise there's a nice big warm couch with a fire place right in front of it.

I nod my head and decide to tell the guys I'm taking the couch. They all walk in fully clothed with grins on their face "Let me guess you took the one with the huge bed frame and bay window?" Kayden asks. I would've take that one if it weren't freezing. "Nope I'm sleeping in here" they all look at each other confused "Where?" Jay asks "Here" I say pointing at the couch "No you can't sleep on the couch take a room and I'll sleep on the couch" Kayden offers "No it's fine plus this is the warmest room" I say not thinking about how weird that would sound to them "Actually" Micheal says "A few years back I came here for a party and it gets really cold at night even I can't Handle it. The best room is the one at the end of the hall. The living area has too many windows and doors. Plus the one at the end is huge and has a fire place as well" I look at the windows and saw how many there were and it did seem like it was easier for cold air to get through. I nod my head agreeing with him "Okay I'll take that room then" I say shrugging my shoulders "Good" Kayden says not looking at me.