Miscommunication (C22)

Kaydens P.O.V

I walk out of the cafeteria wondering where Aaliyah was. I'm almost 100% sure she said she was hungry. It stays on my mind and walk back towards the tower. I forgot how annoying it was being back here at this academy. I ignore the hi's and waves from the abundance of random girls.

As soon as the elevator doors open to our hall an amazing scent hits me. It was almost as good as the smell of finding your mate. I walk into our room to see if Micheal was there which he wasn't.

I lock the door and head over to Aaliyah's hoping to ask where she was. I knock two or three times before her smiling face opens the door. I smile back and almost forget why I came here "Hi" she says nonchalantly "Hey, uh where were you at lunch?" I ask raising a brow "Oh" she says looking back in to the room "I got lost so I just came back here and cooked" she says not giving me anymore information than that "Why didn't you come get me we could've gone together" although it was something I never did I would have waited for her "I knocked but it sounded like you were busy so I decided to take my chances in the wild" she says with a small smile that didn't meet her eyes.

I stand there wondering what she meant by 'busy' I just took a shower and Caroline stopped by. Oh she probably heard Caroline "oh that was" she cuts me off which was one of my biggest pet peeves but I didn't mind it as much when she did it "You don't have to explain yourself to me" she says resting her head against the semi closed door. I nod my head about to walk away but I turn back to ask "You haven't seen micheal by any chance. She looks behind herself before opening the door wider. I follow behind her towards the kitchen. The smell got even more intense. God was she hiding my mate in here.

I walk further down to see micheal sitting at their table with a huge bowl eating like there was no tomorrow "That's his...3rd bowl" Aaliyah says sounding unsure "what even is it?" I ask unable to take my eyes off of micheals eating "Heaven" he says coming up for air from his bowl. Aaliyah rolls her eyes and laughs "It's just pasta" she says finally flashing a real smile as she watches Micheal. "We're getting married Aaliyah. We're getting married tomorrow" Micheal says causing an unfamiliar emotion to rise in my chest.

It's a joke I can feel your anger

Micheal mind links to me.

"Sure we'll get married right after you beat me in a race" she says laughing. He glares at her jokingly while still eating "Want some" she asks while still laughing at Micheal "Uh-" I hesitate. It smelt really good but that would just be another reason to like her and I was meant to be doing the opposite. I want to be allies and nothing more...so I keep telling myself.

"I-" I'm just about to decline "he'll have some" Micheal says smiling at Aaliyah "Okay" she says walking off probably to get me a bowl.

What are you doing

I mind link to Micheal

This one is a keeper and if she won't marry me I guess you're plan B

I poke fingers at him and he just laughs. He's lucky he was my best friend otherwise I would have torn his head off ago.

"Here you go" Aaliyah says putting down a plate of what quiet literally did smell like heaven. My mouth waters as the aromas hit me but I contain myself "Thank you" I say look upat her. Micheal kicks me under the table. I roll my eyes and dig in.

I take one bite and Ohhhh I was a goner. This was just like our Luna's cooking but...better "Mmmm" I involuntarily let out "You like it?" She says smiling. I nod wanting more. Between Micheal, Jordan and I the entire pot was finished "Luckily I made extra" she says sitting across from me "I was gonna bring you guys some later but guess you guys came here" she laughs "Can I move in" Micheal says looking around "You literally live three feet away from me Micheal" she replies "That's a lot" he says pouting "what have you done to my beta Aaliyah" I say shaking my head "Don't question my wife like that" Micheal says leaning on her "I am not your wife Micheal" she laughs pushing his head off "Well we better get going. Come on micheal" I say standing "No. I'm gonna help Aaliyah with the dishes" he says surprising me. Micheal Grayson and dishes? "Oh no no no it's fine trust me, you guys go I'll do them" she says beginning to pack up. I forgot that was the polite thing to do "No we'll stay and help" I say picking up the plates and forks off the table "oh. Thank you" she says looking up at me.

Micheal washes while Aaliyah and I dry and pack. We work well together for the most part. Apart from the times when I wanted to rip micheals throat out for making little marriage comments about Aaliyah and him. She wasn't his just as much as she wasn't mine. But after our talk this morning I really did want to learn more about her.

We finish up and she walks us to the door. We say our goodbyes and go back to our room. "She's so cool" micheal says jumping on to the couch "And how would you know" I say considering he's only known her for 48 hours and even I've had more time with her than him and I felt like there was still so much to learn "Did you think we were just eating before you go there" he says raising a brow "Looked like it" I say hoping that was all they did "Nah we talked for like 2 hours and played games for the rest. Not only is she able to keep up physically she can carry a conversation and I mean a proper genuine conversation" he says bragging about the time they spent together"and she can cook that. If that's not a wife I don't know what is" I raise both my brow shocked at what I was hearing "You just told me to stay away from her and now you're making proposals" He confused me "Oh no yeah now you need to definitely back off from her" he says wanting her all to himself "What?" I ask "you're an alpha your mate is important. Me? Ehhh not so much" he says shrugging it off.

Did he seriously think Aaliyah could be his mate. "You never know she could be my mate. She's turning eighteen soon" he says "You do realise you will be marrying an alpha so technically you'd have to leave the pack" I remind him that Aaliyah is an alpha "Oh" he looks like he forgot "Guess it's plan b" he shrugs "and what was plan B?" I almost regretted asking "We need to get you two married. As soon as possible please" he says smiling "That would be a...NO" I say slapping his head "Ow it's not the end of the world god" he says walking off to his room rubbing his head.

I get out of the shower to hear light knocks on the door. I look up at the clock to see it was just going on to 10pm. I open the door still dripping wet with my towel around my waist "I-uh" a frozen Aaliyah is standing at my door with a black container "Um- I made these for Micheal. They were still in the oven when you guys left so I thought i'd drop them off" she says keeping full eye contact making sure not to look anywhere else. I laugh and take the container from her "Thanks princess" I say taking the container from her. She nods and begins to walk away "Oh and when could we get to that whole pack study thing started I kinda want to learn before I meet them all" she smiles nervously "We can start tomorrow" I say with a nicer tone than I usually do before closing the door.