Clues, Clues, Clues (C76)

We meet up with everyone else and they also had found a clue "The clue givers are circling areas where clues are but so are the distractors we figured out the red moon pack are clue givers and Alex and  his pack are either Hunters or Clue givers we saw Alyssa slipping out a clue before running towards the Alpha tower" Jay says giving me the run down "Did you figure out why she was going there?" I ask as the pack make their way to us "yeah we found a clue in the same area that said and where you lay is where buttons play but if wrong you play there you will stay" He reads out showing me his paper. Hunter and I look at eachother confused "Si and I thought it had something to do with buttons in the Alpha Tower that is where we lay so we're going to go look there" I nod signalling for Si and him to leave. He looks back at her and she nods before running off with him towards the tower "What about your guys clue?" Celeste asks "Where water meets the  land look within but make sure you take a helping hand" I read out the clue "Oh that explains the rapids" she says pointing  to the water "I'm guessing it's somewhere along the edges or at the ends we'll split up into four groups one searching the head of the river one searching at the bottoms than another on the other side of the rivers edge and another to stay on this side" I say and everyone nods. I number everyone off with Hunter, Mar, Celeste and I taking a group each.

Me and my group searched the head of the river luckily my clothes were perfect for the water. I close my eyes and place my hands on the edge of the river listening as the bugs slithered through the dirt. The crunching and cracking followed the same rhythm both horizontally and diagonally meaning there was nothing buried around here "I don't think we're meant to dig" I say opening my eyes "Well where else does Water meet land?" He asks. I bite my nail wondering wether it was at the bottom of the river the floor was technically land "Maybe it means the floor of the River" without hesitation my group jumps to the bottom of the river digging underneath trying to find what they could.

I mindlink Hunter to see if any of their groups had found anything but no luck. My group makes it back to surface with nothing. I look around confused and then it hits me. This wasn't the only water in campus...the Lake. It hadn't been confirmed yet but I needed someone to come with me to test the theory "You guys keep searching round here Nicola you're in charge" he nods his head sliding up out of the water.

I mind link Hunter to meet me at the lake. I sprint there to see it was also empty. I wonder if the other packs were way ahead of us or behind. Hunter appears from behind the trees "Oh great more water" he says looking around it "I'm gonna use my hearing to see if I can sense anything" I say closing my eyes and placing my hands on the ground. Something about the position made it easier to hear.

Everything in the ground sounded the same but there was something clanking moving in time with the movement of the water "There's something in the water" I say with my eyes still closed "It's bound by a chain or it's in a metal box at the bottom of the water" I say opening my eyes "Well you're dressed for it" he says with a smile. I shake my head as I dive into the water.

As I dive in the water turns a dark black.

Hunters P.O.V

As soon as her feet cut through the surface the top half of the Lake turns into ice. I panic wondering if she had even noticed

Aaliyah are you alright?

I mindlink to her as her silhouette disappears under the Ice

I think this is what it meant by helping hand you're going to have to get me out of here

She mind links back. I nod my head rolling my sleeves out and standing on the edge of the lake "Okay piece of cake" I say placing my hands on the sheet of ice 'la fleme entrent' I sat causing my hands to glow red against the ice. I try my hardest but the ice won't budge 'la fleme entrent' I say once again. The ice cracks revealing the chilling water however the ice begins to repair itself. I shake my head realising it would continue to grow back and my hands were starting to freeze.

I mindlink my sister to bring the coven and the pack I knew we'd need them.

I found the box but it's frozen shut I'm gonna need to get it out of the water

She mindlinks me

Okay be as fast as you can you might not be able to hold your breath as long in this water

I link back now worried

It's fine I have atleast 10 more minutes of Air left I'll be fine.

She replies confidently. I smile having faith in her as I rub my hands together.
About 7 minutes pass before her next message

I separated the box from the chain I'm ready to come up

She mind links as I hear tapping on the ice.

I look to see the pack, coven and my sisters approaching "We need to melt the ice" I say as I place my hands on the ice once again "La fleme entrent" I say closing my eyes. I hear the rest of the coven begin to chant with me.

I open my eyes to see the ice was repairing faster than it was melting. The pack look at eachother not sure what to do. Nicola one of the older pack members takes charge "Shift and start scraping the surface" he calls out before turning. The rest of the pack turn and willingly jump on the ice beginning to scrape away the bits of melting ice. It was working the holes were beginning to last longer.

Aaliyah we're trying our hardest but you're going to need to help us

I mindlink to her as the coven chants and pack digs

I-I'm losing strength but I'll try

I get worried as her message takes a little longer than usual to get through

It's a spell 'La Fleme entrent'

I say hoping it'll get through to her and then I see her glowing white hand from bellow the ice. The entire lake turns white. The wolves dart off the lake as ice begins to turn to water again. Aaliyah shoots out of the water gasping for air.

I extend my hand out helping her from the water. I slide out her fur coat I always keep handy using a spell I created. I wrap it around her as I  hold her in my arms seeing as she looked a little pale. The coven look at us oddly probably picking up on Aaliyah's energy from her spell. It wasn't from our covens and I had no idea how to explain it without exposing her.

I look down at her now regretting that I asked to her to use her powers. I knew the coven wouldn't tell but still we had no idea what danger it could bring to her. I huff rubbing her head as she breaths in the warm air "Don't worry you guys can't get rid of me that easy" she says smiling to everyone. They all laugh and cheer changing completely from the serious and concerned faces they had before "And clue number three says" she busts open the clasp of the wooden box to reveal two pieces of paper "Where this began is where you'll go here you will tell friend from foe" she reads one out loud "To your Alpha: Where it ends is where you'll stay if your pack don't make it in time a great price you'll have to pay for your own comfort one may come and stay with you until the scavenging is done" she looks up at me confused "So I have to go somewhere?" She asks referring to second clue "But where's the end where does this thing end?" She flips it's around to see if there were any other clues "The training hall that's where the final battle happens" Jade one of the girls calls out "So that's where this ends?" She says holding onto the second piece of paper "the I guess it begins at the Outbacks?" She asks the pack they all begin to nod and agree "I'll take Celeste with me to the training arena you all follow Hunter and Mar to figure out the next clue once you guys get the clue meet up with Jay and Si then figure out what their clue has to do with your clue everyone got it?" everyone nods listening to her instructions. I can't help but smile at how much she had grown as a leader "Copy that Alpha but you might wanna get out of those wet clothes before you go" I advise her. She nods her head smiling. I chuck her some fresh clothes and watch as she runs off with Celeste.