Chapter 16

The day for the haldi ritual arrived, the Gupta's were getting ready for the ritual, when they heard the horn of car outside their house, they were surprised and went to check it. They were really surprised to see all the Raizadas outside their house.

Anjali came forward and said, the haldi ritual has always been the same way, where the groom and the bride always have it separately, but this time we thought about having a change to it, she smiled.

The Gupta's were confused, that's when Nani smiled and said this time I wanted both of them to have the haldi ritual at the same place.

The Gupta's smiled and nodded, aree waah it's a very good idea Devyani ji,

Anjali replied yes it is Buaji, but one reason is also that chhote is very desperate to see his bride, she giggled saying that.

'WHAT the' di when di I say that, hearing that everyone blurted out laughing.

Stop teasing Arnav babua, Buaji said and asked them to come inside. They all went inside, but Arnav was looking here and there.
Chhote I know who are you searching for, but have patience she will come, saying that she giggled and went away.
Arnav just smiled after hearing that.

He was made to sit, and wait for Khushi to come.

He was getting annoyed hearing all the teases and praises from the older ladies of the colony who came to attend the ritual.But then his breath stopped in his throat when he saw Khushi coming out of her room.
She was looking ethereal, that white saree on her was perfect.
He couldn't take his eyes off her.

Khushi started getting conscious after seeing Arnav 's gaze on her ,he was looking her with desire filled eyes which didn't go unnoticed by her.
She was shuffling on the place where she stood, when Anjali came and said wow Khushiji you are looking so beautiful.
She thanked her.
Come let us go, and made her sit opposite to Arnav.

Arnav was still looking at her, she couldn't look up because he was staring at her intently.

The ritual started with Nani applying haldi on Arnav 's cheeks, and Buaji on Khushi 's cheek.

Next it was Garima putting on Khushi, and Anjali on Arnav, she was careful to put only little because she knew Arnav didn't like it, so she grabbed little haldi and was putting it on his cheek, when he said, what are you doing di ??

Anjali got anxious, I'm sorry chhote, did I put much, I'm sorry I'll take it off.

No, di look at that, she turned and saw Garima putting a huge amount of haldi on Khushi 's cheek.

You should put it like that right ?? He asked, she smiled and nodded, and grabbing a large amount she put it on her chhote 's face.

The ritual went well, with Arnav and Khushi constantly looking at each other.

After they were done, it was time to wash off the haldi, Arnav and Khushi were waiting for their turn as they had only one bathroom, so they had to wait for everyone to finish up.

Arnav asked Khushi that he wanted to talk to her about something. She thought what does he want to talk about ??

She nodded and took him at her room, when they reached inside, Arnav was looking here and there, so Khushi asked what happened ??

He just replied, your room is cute.
She felt shy after hearing that.
He asked what's that pointing at something.
She turned only to see him pointing towards her favorite Salman Khan ji's poster,
Oh woh, that's Salman Khan ji, my favourite actor, a smile adorned her face saying that.
He had a scowl on his face hearing that.Was he jealous of Salman Khan now ?? He didn't know.

Oh that's good was all he said, ahem he cleared his throat and said listen I wanted to ask you something.

Ji what is it ?? She asked.

I wanted to ask you about last night.

Ji ??

Khushi we both know the excuse you gave me about your fear of darkness was a lie,

Her eyes became like saucers hearing that,

He just replied what, I'm not a fool to have believed that excuse, I mean you might have the fear about darkness, but I knew it that it wasn't the only reason, I saw fear on your eyes last night Khushi, you were so frightened, please tell me what happened last night before I arrived, i want to know.

Khushi was shocked hearing that from him, she couldn't reply anything, how could she tell him about Shyam and his dirty ideas, she was lost in her thoughts when Arnav spoke again saying,

I know Khushi we don't know each other but we are going to be married, we are going to be together forever so please tell me what happened Khushi, please I want to know.

Hearing that forever from his mouth Khushi felt happy and secure, she stammered saying, ji..ji, woh..woh hum...

Just when she decided and was about to tell him Payal came there and said Khushi what are you doing here ?? Go and wash the haldi, oh arnavji you also go and wash it.

Come Khushi, saying that she dragged her away from there.

Arnav was angry, shit just when she was ready to tell me the truth, he brushed off his hair frustratingly, but it's okay we still have time, I'll make sure that you tell me the truth miss Khushi Kumari Gupta.Saying that he smirked and moved away from there to wash off his haldi.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A new update again ☺️☺️
Hope you will like it
Thank you for the votes, comments and views ☺️☺️