Chapter 51

Arnav and Khushi went towards Anjali 's room. They stood outside her room, Khushi squeezed Arnav's hand and nodded at him while looking at him tenderly with an assuring smile.

Arnav nodded back at her and knocked at his Di's door. After some few knocks Anjali opened the door while rubbing away her tears. She was quite surprised to see her brother at the door. She knew how Arnav was, even if it was his fault he would never come to apologize that early, but this time it wasn't his fault but still she saw him at her bedroom 's door with an apologetic face with his wife. She smiled looking at his beautiful wife, as she knew who was behind this huge change in her 'Chhote'.

Chhote, she called out in a whisper, still feeling guilty from keeping the news from him. She couldn't face him properly.

Di, can we come inside ?? Arnav asked.

Uhhh, sure come in, she smiled looking at both of them and moved aside to let them in.

They both moved inside the room, and was waiting for Anjali to join them.

Anjali closed the door and came inside, before she could say anything her brother beat her to it.

Di, I....I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for the way I behaved earlier. Arnav apologized looking at his sister.

Anjali looked up at him and shook her hear, no Chhote don't be. In fact I should be the one apologising to both of you. I'm really sorry that I kept such a big thing from both of you, trust me I really wanted to tell you, but Shyam ji told me that we should keep this as a surprise for both of you. He wanted to surprise you both. She smiled saying that.

Arnav clenched his fist hearing that, and thought so that snake was behind this thing. Of course i should have known, he cursed at him.

Khushi looked at her husband with a worried face.

Di, where did u met that guy ?? I mean we don't know about him and all ?? So how could you just engage someone just like that ?? Arnav asked frustrated, but tried his best not to show it in his tone.

Chhote Shyam ji is a very nice guy. He is a lawyer, he fight against corruption and fight for rape and harressment cases. In fact that day when I met him, he saved me from goons, she had a smile while saying that.

What ?? Saved you from goons ?? Were you attacked Di ?? How comes you didn't even tell us Di ?? Arnav started asking her non stop questions.

Chotte hold on, at least ask me one by one, she chuckled hearing her brother's desperate queries.

Tell me Di, I need to know everything about that guy. Arnav simply asked her.

It happened that day after you both moved for your honeymoon. I went as usual to the temple to pray and seek blessing for both of you and your relation. But when I was coming back I was waiting for Mohan ( their driver ), as I had send him home because I wasn't sure when I was going to be over with the prayer and all. While I was waiting for him, some goons came towards me and were passing dirty comments , at first I tried to ignore them, but when one of them touched my hand and was trying to drag me away, I started to panick. I started to shout and ask for help but no one came to the rescue Chhote, she sounded as if she was going to cry while narrating it. I lost all hopes , when he came and rescued me from those people. He taught them a good lesson by beating them up real good, she chuckled saying that. Not only that he even dropped me home by his car, he was such a nice guy. We exchanged our numbers and then as you can see we are engaged now.

But Di why didn't you think about informing us  even once ?? Arnav asked her.

I did Chhote, i did call you guys many times, but you both were the one who ignored me and rest of the family, she replied with a pout.

Arnav sighed and said, yeah you're right on that Di, that was our fault.
But Di are you happy with this engagement ??

Yes Chhote I'm very happy, she replied with a huge smile on her face.

So, does his parents know about this ?? Arnav asked her knowingly as he knew that he had no parents

Oh Chhote he doesn't have parents. I mean he is also an Orphan like us, she replied sadly.

Oh I see, but Di....
Arnav was about to say something again, but Khushi quickly spoke up first and said,
Di, we both are really tired right now, so can we talk later ?? I hope you don't mind, she asked with a smile.

Oh no, how can I forget, I don't mind at all Khushiji, you both please go and take rest now, we will talk later okay. Now go on, Anjali insisted them to go.

Arnav raised his brows at Khushi, as if asking her why are you doing this ??

Let's go Arnav ji, saying that Khushi pulled him and went away from there.

Anjali smiled looking at them and closed the door.

Khushi dragged her husband to their own room and closed the door so no one can hear their conversation.

'What the', Khushi care to explain why you did that ?? Arnav asked her with his arm crossed on his chest.

Khushi's heart skipped a beat looking at him like that but she shrugged away the thought and replied , because I had to do that Arnavji ji.

But why ?? Arnav asked her.

Didn't you see how happy Di was ?? Khushi replied back.

I saw it, but I don't want to keep her in the dark Khushi, you of all people know how that Shyam is. Arnav replied back.

Yes I know Arnav ji, I know how he is but we can't just tell Di about him like that. She won't believe us. Khushi replied back.

What ?? You think Di won't believe me ?? Arnav asked her with a surprised expression.

Yes, I don't think Di is ready to listen to anything right now. She is under the influence of that person right now, so she won't believe whatever you say Arnavji.
Khushi tried to explain him.

You think that my bond with my sister is weaker than that Shyam ?? You think that Khushi ?? How could you ?? You know what, you are indirectly saying that Shyam is more capable of making my Di happy more than me right ?? Right ??
Arnav asked with anger clearly evident on his voice.

No Arnavji no, I didn't mean that, I just....
Khushi tried to explain it to him but he stormed away from the room in a bad mood.

Arnavji !!! Arnav ji !! Khushi tried to call him, but he was already away from there.

Uffff !!! Yeh Laad Governor bhi naa ( this Laad governor also ), never tries to listen to anyone's point of view, always does what he wants. Khushi huffed saying that.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Arshi fight once again 😅😅
Hope you liked it ☺️☺️
Thanks for the votes comments and views ☺️☺️