Chapter 11:Dark Trail

Amanda's POV

"The master sent this dress for you. It's 7pm you should get ready" the maid said then exited the room.

I sighed as I walked to the dress. I picked it up and realized it was horrible as I thought, it was actually my style. I put it on after much thought.

It was a dark blue knee length flared dress, it had light blue flames surrounding it just below the dark blue making it look like the dress was burning in blue flames from knees going up. It hugged my body till my waist then was all flared from waist down.

I applied light make up just to hide my bruised face. I get he was hitting me because I tried to escape but could he have been a little gentle. For crying out loud I'm a woman.

I'd been in that house trying to escape and got beaten for that. I was scared of Hunter but that didn't mean I wasn't going to try to escape.

I still found it hard to believe that the guy I developed feelings for was a cold blood psychopathic sadist. I had to fight back the urge to give into him.

He was just pretending so I fell for him but I wouldn't let him win. I had a good chance to escape that night since hr was letting me have dinner with him.

Getting out of the house was a struggle if that maniac was with me but if I did mange to get out of the house, the guards would never let me leave the gate. But thinking about it,I could pull the girlfriend card on them.

I chuckled at the idea. I really wished things turned out differently. Hunter would have been my boyfriend by then but he was a psycho and I desperately wanted to leave him.

It's strange but I saw remorse in his eyes every time he beat me up but that remorse he had seemed to disappear when it came to other people. What was so special about me that he actually had remorse for me and not other people.

And one other think that is strange about him is that, he spent a maximum of four to five hours. He went to bed around eight pm then woke up at midnight or one am everyday. I some times heard him breaking things in his room which I discovered was right across mine. It puzzled me as to why he slept for a short time and yet had the energy to kidnapped people, torment them kill them then dump them and also manage a huge company.

Even if Zack helped him everything he did. Was he an insomniac, was that the reason he had trouble sleeping at night. It's strange because once he woke up he started breaking things.

I had a feeling there was more to Hunter than what I thought. I wanted to find the answers to my questions so badly. I didn't know where to start though.

Why was I so interested in his life, he kidnapped me and was keeping me captive. Instead of thinking of his behavior I could have been thinking of ways to escape him.

Even after everything was there was a part of me that wanted to believe there was good side to him and not all of him was bad. Even after the beatings,even after hitting me time and time again this feeling I had for him seemed to be growing and I was just losing my mind.

I sighed then put on the dark blue flats I was given with the dress.  I looked at the time and saw it was 7:59

Immediately the clock hit 8:00 there was a knock on the door. Hunter was obsessed with punctuality. An idea popped into my head.

I opened the bathroom door but went ahead and hide behind the curtains. After a while of knocking, the door opened up.

Hunter scanned the room for a while then walked into that bathroom calling out to me. I slowly walked out from behind the curtains.