Chapter 40: Sick day

♦ Amanda's POV♦

I streched as I sat up on my bed. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked the time,it was close to 6AM.

I decided to send hunter a message, he was already awake by then.

me: Morning my       love......missing you

I placed my phone on the bed then took a shower. after getting ready, I checked my phone but there was no reply.

"that's strange, he usually calles this time. is he in the office" I thought aloud.

I shrugged it off then proceed to making breakfast. I smiled to myself remember the pervious day. I wanted Hunter to take me right then but alas maybe it wasn't the right time just yet.

after eating my breakfast,I checked my phone again but nothing so I decided to call him. I called him a couple of times but he wasn't picking.

I decided to try Zack's phone. he picked up quickly.

"Amanda" he answered. I could hear movement and something being beaten.

"what are you doing" I asked.

"I'm just working out,why did you call so early. anything wrong" he replied.

"I've been trying Hunter's phone but he isn't picking" I complained.

"oh he's still sleeping" Zack simply informed.

"how is that possible, he never sleeps till this time"

"he isn't feeling too well. he has a very high fever. I've called the doctor here so he's on his way right now"

"what oh uh I'll be there in a little while"

"alright see you soon"

"bye"I hang up then grabbed my purse and practically ran out the door.

It was lightly raining outside. I forgot I didn't have a car anymore. I sighed then went back in my House and called the cab company. In less than ten minutes it arrived.

" Golden key hotel "I instructed.

I dialed Mandie's line and she picked up almost immediately.

" Amanda I was trying to call you last night what happened "she asked.

" a lot happened mandie,I can't tell you over the phone"I stated.

"Okay then when we meet on campus" she offered.

"Of course, but I think I'll be a bit late. Hunter isn't feeling well I'm on my way to see him" I replied.

"Oh okay, I hope it's nothing serious" she asked.

"I don't know either. Mandie I'll call you back later" I answered.

"Alright take care and say hi to Zack and Hunter for me"she spoke.

"Alright" I replied then hang up.

"We are here ma'am I the cab driver spoke.

I took out some money and paid them then ran into the building without waiting for my change. I ran passed reception and straight to the elevator. I pressed the penthouse button.

My heart was beating uncontrollably. When I got there,I found the doctor and Zack talking.

" thank you"Zack thanked.the doctor left after greeting me.

"What's wrong with him" I asked.

"The doctor said it might because he spent too much time in the rain,he'll be alright in a few days. He prescribed some medication. Wait you two were together last night, how come he's sick" Zack asked.