Work. Work. Work.

Five years later........

"Come on people get moving!" I ordered getting in my bakery

They all ran around doing nothing at all.
"Linda, get the windows and door sparkling clean. I want to see my reflection when I look through it. Mark, arrange the tables, all the table cloths should be spotless. You, what are you doing? Chop! Chop! Get to work with people!" I finished my short speech.
"Aye. Aye captain," Paisley, one of my best friends joked as she walked up to me. I smiled at her. She handed me a cup of coffee, "half milk, low fat, two sugars."
"Thank you," I said taking it gratefully and taking a big sip.
She nodded and headed back to the kitchen. I followed her there.
"Which orders do we have today?" I asked putting my coat on the rack together with my handbag.
"Four dozen chocolate cupcakes. Five packets of vanilla cupcakes.
A special order of a two kg red velvet birthday cake. And Mr. Luiz regular two dozen of road rocky cakes. The orphanage package. And for the regular customers among others. That's pretty much all of it," Paisley looked at her book.
I groaned in frustration, "argh. This is all too much. I need to go to the hotel, things are not really good on that side. I have a meeting after meetings from eleven. Then there is Enna."
She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed, "Then go to the hotel. We are fine here. Everything will be fine. You can't do everything on your own Gia. We are here to help you."
I smiled weakly, "let me make one mix then I can leave."
She laughed, "I knew you'd say that... Do the red velvet order. I'll start with the chocolate cupcakes."
I nodded and put on my apron.

"Now that is in the oven I can leave," I picked up my coat and handbag. Hugged Paisley, "talk to you later."
She literally pushed me out of the bakery. I walked across the road to the next block where my hotel was situated.
Down to the offices.
"Scarlet, how are you? How is my little princess doing?" I walk ran to the baby carriage that had my baby laying there, eyes closed, but a small smile playing.
"Oh no, she is asleep. I wanted to give her some chocolate," I fake pouted with a slight smirk on my face.
Yeah. Yeah. She was pretending to sleep.
She screamed in excitement, her eyes shot open, a big smile playing on her lips, "No... No mommy... Enna ish wakey... Please gimme chocolate."
I faked surprise, "oh no. My baby was lying to me."
I put on a serious face and put my hands up in the air,
"I'm calling the tickle monster."
"Aaah... No. Not the tickle monster," she quickly yanked out of my hands and ran out of the office as first as her small legs could carry her.
I ran after her, "Enna come back here."
I heard her small bubbly laughter down the hall.
"Enna. Come back, baby. The tickle monster is gone," I said.

Now I was getting worried.
Yes, I know that Enna is not my biological daughter and all, but she is my daughter at heart. I mean, I'm the one who even named her. Scarlet came out of her office and I told her to help me look for her.
"Enna? Enna, baby, where are you? We're not playing hide and seek baby, come here."
I was almost going to the elevator when I heard soft giggles from one of the conference rooms next to the elevator.
With long strides, I went in, only to find my baby with a boy. Both of them giggling.
Wait, what?!

"Baby?!" I rushed to her and hugged her tightly. "You scared me. Don't run away from me again like that, okay princess?"
She wrapped her small hands around my neck, "sowwy mommy. I did didn't wanna share you. I'm sowwy mommy."
I kissed her forehead, "it's okay baby. Who is your friend?"
I turned to the very handsome baby boy, blue eyes, brown hair almost reminding me of someone, but I just couldn't put a finger to it.
"What's your name baby?" I smiled at him.

He showed me his pearly whites in a very cute smile, "Mason. But I let pretty girls call me Mase."
I saw my baby giggling, "he said I am pwetty."
Such a charmer.
I smiled at them both. "Well, Mase, I am Gianna. But I let handsome boys call me Gia."
He scowled, "but I am not a boy. Daddy says I am a man."
I laughed quietly, "does he now? And where is your daddy?"
He pointed to a door, "he is in a meeting. He wants to make more money to buy me many many toys."
Enna looked shocked, "mommy, can I have many many toys like Mason?"
I told her that I would buy her many toys. "But you can play with me also. I get bored at home playing alone when daddy is at work."
"Where is your mommy?" Enna asked curiously.
Masons face sunk, "mommy doesn't like me. She hates me. She doesn't want me."
I crawled up to him and hugged him, "don't say that baby. I'm sure mommy loves you so much."
"No she doesn't," he screamed angrily.
I pat his back softly, "shh. Okay. Okay... I can talk to your daddy and we'll see when you can play with Enna. How does that sound?"
Both of them squealed in happiness.

I walked them both to my office and sat them next to each other. Put a box of cupcakes in front of them and glasses of juice.
They pounced on the cakes greedily, chatting about God knows what. My heart soared with happiness when I saw the smile on my baby's face. Even the boy, Mason. He was just something else. Scarlet told me that some woman came looking for Mason. Said that she was his nanny.
I left the couple alone and went to talk to her.
"Is master Mason in there?" she asked, worried, I think her job depended on my response.
"Master what! Oh... Mason. He's inside with my daughter."
She signed heavily in what I think is a relief and started begging, "I need to get him. His father can not know about this, please."
"I'm assuming you're his nanny, what's your name?" I asked her amused.
"Nina. Nina Peterson," she extended her hand.
"Gianna. Just Gianna," I shook her hand.
I told her about the idea of Mason and Enna having a play date. Through her, I came to know that Mason has trouble interacting with people because of the things he goes through at home. She was even shocked that Mason made a friend.
I took it to heart to make sure to have a talk with the boy's father.
I gave her my number to contact me whenever Mason wanted to play, so I could bring Enna to him.
I went back to my office, Nina trailing behind me. We watched them talking animatedly, smiling and laughing together.
He said goodbye because he couldn't stay longer, his father had already called for him.
I had a meeting to attend to, so I took a tired Enna to Scarlett and told her to take her home and stay with her until I arrived because we lived together and all, it wasn't too much to ask.
Meeting after meeting, I was drained, walking back to the bakery.
"Whoa. What's popping zombie lady," Paisley mocked me.
I glared at her plopping on one of the seats behind the counter.
"Anyway, there's a late special order that was brought in later today to be ready by tomorrow six evening. You are the one requested to make the cake," she said.
I groaned and got to work.
I loved chocolate cake, that is why I decided to make the cake that evening. I would have made it the next morning otherwise.
After the cake was ready, I put it to cool with the rest for the morning rush. I told Paisley that I wouldn't' join her to the orphanage this time round. I needed to sleep. Lots of sleep.
I took my car and headed home.
Thankfully I found Enna already asleep, I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight before going to bed.