Unexpected.

"- Can you actually believe him?" i poured my frustration out to Nathan

"Don't pay attention to what he says. You know he's always been a jerk since highschool. Somethings never change," he reassured me and pulled me in for a hug.
We ate and talked about other things. After that he left and i went to check in on my baby.

I frowned when i found her silently crying. I rushed to her side and hugged her, "baby, what is wrong?"
She shaked her head.
I reminded her what i always told her, that she can tell mommy everything.
After alittle persuasion, she sniffed, "mommy, where is my daddy?"
I froze, "baby, look at me."
I tilted her chin to face me, i was almost in tears, what should i tell her, that I'm not her mom? I couldn't.
"Baby, daddy went on a long trip to heaven, he isn't coming back. But he told me to tell you how much he loves you," i lied in between my teeth.
I hugged her more into me.
"I wish Alex was my daddy," she mumbled under her breath.
I scoffed.
"Why do you hate Alex mommy?" she asked me sadly.
I frowned again, "no baby, i don't hate him. I just don't like him."
"Why don't you like him?" she asked again.
Wtf she's a detective now?!
"He did something that made mommy so angry at him," i said simply.
"But you forgave him, right mommy. You always tell me to forgive people. Did you forgive him?" she pouted and crossed her small hands over her chest.
I chuckled, "yes baby, i forgave him. You know mommy doesn't like to be angry at people."

"Now lets get you to bed. But first, get in here and brush your teeth," i held my brush and hers, both with tooth paste on.
She giggled and snatched her brush and stood on the small stool to reach the sink and also see her reflection on the mirror.

This kid loves her teeth clean.
Then we changed inyo our pyjamas. Rather i changed us into our pyjamas then told her goodnight with a kiss.
"Mommy, can you sleep with me tonight. I'm scared," she said softly.
I nodded then got under the covers with her and held her in my arms, my left hand massaging her scalp as i sang to her.
She laughed, "mommy stop singing. You sing so badly."
I removed my hand from her hair, "hey, I'm trying here."
She laughed again, "but you sound like a dying roach."
I laughed too, "how do you know how they sound?"
She just laughed and we talked abit, in told her the story of a princess and prince charming before i knew it, soft snores were coming out of her mouth.
At least i can tell a story.

I still couldn't sleep, so i went down to the kitchen and made a cup of milk. I sat down on the sofa tp drink it. Not long after my phone rang.
I answered it. It was Louis.
"How are you dear?"
I told him that we were fine and that i had just tuck Enna to sleep.
I also mentioned that i wouldn't be able to make it to brunch this weekend.
"This is because of Alex isn't it?" he asked politely.
"No.. No.. It's not," i half lied. "It's Joanna's anniversary Sunday and in thought i needed some alone time. I will bring Enna over on Saturday then pick her up on Monday."
"Sweetheart, we're so sorry we forgot about that," Louis wife chimed in.
"It's okay. I tend to forget it myself sometimes," i said with a sad smile. I was lying. I just didn't want them to feel guilty.
I had never forgoten the day Jo died and i don't think i ever will. All hell broke loose for me that day. Thats the day i ran away from my home town. And from that day i tried to hide myself from the camera and the spotlights. Afraid he will find me.