Guilty!

The past two days had been nightmares

The past two days had been nightmares. I don't know what to think anymore...
It's my fault that Alex is in jail... Not jail jail... But court jail.
I know he's an annoying ass, most of the time, but i can't think of him in jail.
Mason has been asking about his father everytime. And thay makes me even more guilty.

Today is the day of the verdict. I really hope things turn out well for him.
I was getting myself ready, got in the shower and all. Took a nice long bath to relax and stop over thinking things then put on my clothes. Black jeans, a matching black turtle neck blouse, black ankle boots and matching trench coat for the cold. Then fixed my red lipstick and got my handbag.

Just before i got out of the house, i get a call from Scarlet about some commotion in the hotel.
So i had to drive there first before going to court.

One hour to court, I'll be done by then
I thought.

"Scarlett what is going on?" i said the moment i set foot in my office.
"Ummh... There's some person poaching out the customers and the staff. And some other person stealing from the bank account," she said nervously.
"What do you mean there's some customer poacher also poaching my employees?" i asked her trying my best not to look agitated.
She looked really startled.
I frowned and asked her to call Linda, the human resource manager and the customer service manager.

"Linda what is this I'm hearing that the staff are just quiting?" i looked at her with a raised brow.
"Ummh... Miss Valdez, i don't really know what is going on, but there's rumours that the new owner of the LUXURY HOTEL is the one behind this. From what I've heard, he's offered most of the employees double pay, heck even triple just to go and work for him instead. It turns out he has fired almost all the staff working in the hotel previously and now taking ours and those from GIB HOTEL too," she really loved gossip, but she was scared of me, that's for sure.
I gave her a hard stare, "and how do you know all this?"
She looked away, "ummh.. I also got offered the job..... But... But i didn't accept it."
Scar asked her why she didn't accept it, i mean, it was orffering thrice as much.
She shaked her head, "i can't betray you. You saved me more times than i can remember. I would never do that. I can never even repay you for everything you've done for me and my mother."
I nodded my head and smiled at her, "thank you for sticking by me."

Then i turned back to Scarlet and told her to arrange meetings with the staff, the managers, the board and everyone else.

This is going to be a bad day.

Looking at the clock after one loong meeting, it was already past noon.

Argh. The hearing started three hours ago.

I texted Nate:

Hey, how is the hearing so far?
Something came up in the hotel. I couldn't make it.
Update me.

Nate👽😵:
It's okay, what's up with the hotel?
The court will be in session in ten.

Me:
Some asshole is poaching my staff and customers.

Nate 👽😵:
Do you know who it is?
I can help you out after.

Me:
No...
Focus on getting your brother out first. We'll deal with this later.

Nate 👽😵:
Awwwww.
He's blushing. You really care about him, huh?

Me:
NATHAN DE LUCCA.

He didn't respond after that.
He really gets scared when i use his full name. He better be in court right now, getting Alex out.

I walked in my last meeting which took almost four hours. All discusding on taking this new competitor down before all shareholders decide to also leave.

I took a short nap on my office chair after that.
I dreamt about unicorns and ice cream.

Hah, i wish.
I didn't actually dream of anything, though at one point i saw Alessandro in darkness.
My phone buzzing next to me woke me up.

My alarm went off, i switched it off and lay my head on the desk again.

Wait, what!
7.20 PM.
I sleep like a cow.

I grabbed my phone again and called Nate. It rung once, twice then he answered, "Hello?"
I groaned, "Hey.... How was the hearing?"
"Why are you moaning? Are you calling me in the middle of your sexual encounter?" he asked, feigning shock.
My eyes widened, and i shouted, "what?! NO!"
He chuckled, "hey... Hey... Don't kill me! ...She wasn't having sex."
I furrowed my brows, "who are you talking to? Is that Alex?"
He was quiet for a second, "ummh... No... No... It's my girlfriend.... Why would you think that?"
Then there was some wierd giggles in the background.
I rolled my eyes, "let's see, because you got him out. He was proven innocent.... Right?"
He was quiet.
I was getting panicked now, "Nathan, he was proven innocent, right?"
He was quiet. Again.
"Nathan! Why the fuck aren't you answering me. He was proven innocent, right?" i shouted in the phone.
"I.... I... He... Ummh, Gia?" he was stammering.

Fuck! He is stammering.
This is not good.
This is definitely not good.

"What!" i spat.
"Ummh, he...he was proven guilty," he said in a low voice, almost as if he was guilty.
"What?!"
"Ummh... They said because his date wasn't there ans didn't file a case, it looked all exergerated," he explained.
"It's all my fault," i whispered.
I am the one supposed to feel guilty.
It was all my fault.
Oh my God, Mase!
What will happen to him now?
The De Luccas will hate me now, that's for sure.
Oh my God.
What did i do?

"Hello!....Hello!...Gia!....Fuck!," he called out to me.
"I told you this was a bad idea!" i heard him say silently. I think.
"I... I gotta go."
"Gia.. Wait.... G.. " before he could finish, i hang up and let my phone slide down to the floor.

Guilty tears stung my eyes, it is all my fault. It is all my fault. It is all my fault.

"Gia..... Oh my God, honey, what's wrong?" Scarlet scrambled towards me.
The tears started to flow from my eyes, "it's all my fault Scar. It is all my fault."
She frowned and handed me a tissue, "hey.. Hey... What are you talking about?"
I sniffed, "he...he was convicted.... It is all my fault."
I looked at her, "Oh my God, Mason!"
And the teara started flowing afresh.
She rubbed my back, trying to console me that it wasn't my fault.
But i knew it was. She was only trying to be a good friend.

"Let's get you home first," she helped me up and got my things, dragged me out after making me look all professional and neat then closed my office.
She drove all the way home in silence, me on the other side, i was looking outside at the lights and the people walking around hand in hand. Lost in my thoughts.

The moment she was in the driveway, i stepped out and ran to my room, cried my eyes out to sleep.

Hey cupcake lovers....
How do you like this chapter?
I love it.
I love y'all.
Don't forget to vote.
Vote.
Vote.