Cakes and Green eyes

Mama- Mayorkun
Theme song for the chapter.

When the rays of the sun barely hit the clouds in the diatance, i decided it would be best not to see Sandro

When the rays of the sun barely hit the clouds in the diatance, i decided it would be best not to see Sandro. Seeing as he was no where in the living room or the kitchen i too a breathe. I filled the coffee pot with watee and put it back on the maker. 
Taking a small sip, Scar popped her head in the kitchen, on her lips played a small sad smile, "hey."
I nodded, "hey."
Walking inside, she poured herself a cup, "Gia I'm sorry about... You know."
I frowned and looked at her.
"We heard you guys," she sulked when she looked at me intently, "you didn't catch any sleep, did you?"
I shrugged and moved aside. I told her that i would be heading to the bakery. It was alittle too early but i didn't care. I didn't want to be there when he got up.  I think she got the message.
"Come with Enna later," i said, grabbing my bag and i was off to work.

Mixing the dough, i hummed along with the song.

(All your problems I know say solution na ego
Are you getting me?
Are you getting me?

Mama born you
Your mama born you well
And you are beautiful too
I want to hold you
Girl I love you
Girl I wanna love you well
I know you fell in love but nobody caught you

But I got your body oh mama. )

That song was among the few i loved when i was on vacation in West Africa.
Two of my friends who worked in the bakery showed up minutes before i put the dough in the oven.
"Ssup boss!" they said happily.
Well, aren't they happy this morning?!

I rolled my eyes internally and smiled at both of them, "hey y'all. What's with all the bright smiles today?"
They shrugged and went to work. I left them to finish the putting in the oven and preparing the icing.
I went to arrange the seats amd clean the tables. In a while i saw Daniel, the sexy blue eyed blonde man, who i always call Danny walk through the doors.
I flashed him one of my smiles, "Danny, hey! You're early today."
He grinned and pulled me into a hug, "hey. Can't i buy cake anytime i want?"
We chuckled as i shaked my head, i led him to the counter, "so am i getting you the usual?"
He nodded, "and i also wanted to talk to you."
I gestured to my office but he shaked his head no. He said that there was no need. So we sat in one of the seats away from everything and everyone, near the window facing the road. Giving him a large hot cup of capuchino and served myself one.
"So what do you want to talk about?" i sat back down after serving him cake.
He said a small thank you and bit into his cake. His eyes closed almost involuntary and he moaned, "this. Your cakes are so good Gia. Im having cakegasm right now."
I giggled lighy and slapped his arm, "for real, what did you want to talk about?"
He sipped his coffee, "well, i was hoping you'd bake Lacey and I's wedding cake."
Smiling softly at him, i asked, "when is the big day that leads to happy ever after?"
"This Saturday?!" he looked like a kid who was caught stealing candy from the candy jar by his mother.
I gave him a deadpan look and slapped his arm, "this Friday! Danny what the hell?!"
He quickly pulled his hands far far away from my grasp and whined, "ow, that actually hurt." "Look I'm sorry. But don't blame me, blame these delicious cheese cakes that hypnotise me."
I rolled my eyes at his stupidity, of course he would think of something like that.
"How large should it be? Do you guys want any specific theme to go with the cakw deco? What flavour do you want for the cake? One flavour or multiple? Answer me, dammit!  We don't havw time boy!  We don't have time!" i finished ranting and took a deep breath.
"First of all, where did you guys meet and what is the most influential thing about your relationship?" i asked him.  I needed a theme for the cake.
He tapped his chin, his thinking mode face. "Well, we first met in Paris, during the time i was there for vacation. And she made it worth my time. Months later, close to a year later, we found each other again in New York during the summer. And after that, we've been inseparable. Those are the two places that influence our relationship always."
I nodded.
New York and Paris.
I'll see what i can do with you.