Jailed?

The next time i stir in bed, I'm unable to go back to sleep. Looking at the time it was ten to six. I look outside, its all misty and darkness is still looming over the sky.
I decide to finally get out of bed, i put on my track pants and a sports bra with a track jacket then tie my messy curls in a pony tail with a hair tie.
I take a look at the mirror and snort. Then i put my ipod holder on my forearm and hold the earphones as i go around to Enna's room to check on her. She was sleeping soundly, i didn't want to disturb her. I kissed her forehead and went out. Put the earphones on and blast the music through my ears.

Why was Alex so angry anyway?
I can't beleive him...
Oh yeah, that's right.. I actually can.... All men have angry outbursts and hit others.

I shake my head and continue running through the park when i saw Nate in his tracks also. I decided against talking to him.
This was supposed to be some me time... To think through things.
I ran past him like he wasn't even there. Except the fact that he was, and he saw me and he ran towards me.
I vaguely heard his voice when he reached me and grabbed my hand. I stopped in my tracks and removed my earphones then looked at him.
"Gia... What is wrong with you?" he furrowed his brows seeming like he wanted to understand me.
"I don't know what you're talking about," i shrugged my shoulders and wanted to put my earphones back on but he held my hand to restrain me, "Can you just wait for a second?"
I nodded and looked past him just over his shoulder, at the park.
"I heard about what happened with Alex... What the hell, Gia?" his eyes held a fire.
"What do you mean by, 'what the hell?' He looked like he wanted to kill the guy. G.." i was getting agitated and he cut me off.
"For you. He was doing that to protect you. From what i heard, the guy wanted to kill you. He was fucking strangling you, pinned on the wall. He was only trying to protect you," he shouted at me, making me flinch. Then he took a really deep breath, and held my hands, squeezed them in his and looked at me straight in the eye, and whispered loudly, "honey, not everyone is like Kevin. He would never take joy in seeing you in pain. He cares for you Gia. He would never hurt you, not intentionally. He has abit of a temper but i assure you he's working on it. Give him a chance. Please."
I was getting ready to break down again when he pulled me into him and hugged me, rubbing circles on my back as hurt and betrayal tears streamed down.

I sniffed, "I'm sorry, okay? I just freaked out when he was hitting that guy over and over again. It made me remember all the times Kevin hurt me."
I hugged me again and wiped my tears away, "it's okay darling. It's not me you should apologise to though."
I nodded, "I'll do that the next time i see him."
He shaked his head, "you know he's not going to come near you now though, right? You should make the effort and approach him and apologise."
I took in a deep breath, "I'll look for him, happy now?"
He had a grin on his face as he nodded. Then he turned darker, his smile almost disappearing, "about that....... Ummh, never mind... Don't mind me."
He smiled again, but it looked almost forced. I stared at him, "is everything okay?"
He nodded and continued with his run.
Wierd.
I plugged my earphones back in and
continued with my run.
The rest of the day i was trying not to replay the previous night's encounter.

The weekend flew by fast with the flowing customers in the bakery. And there was no sign of Mason around, Enna was dull the whole weekend.
She couldn't reach her bestie.
All because of me.
"Baby, why are you sad?" i sat beside her in her bed.
She looked at me, her eyes glassy "momma, is Mashe angry with me?"
I shaked my head, and frowned, "baby, why would you think that?"
"Because he don'ttalk to me anymore. He doesn't want to be my friend. He has another friend," her tears were stinging her eyes making me want to cry with her.
I pulled her and cuddled her, "no baby. Mase is just busy. I'll talk to daddy Alex tommoror and we can go and see Mase, okay?"
She smiled shyly and nodded.
I pat her head and kissed her temple, "now get some rest, good night sweety."
She kissed my nose, "i lub you momma."
I love you too honey," i grinned at her and sang her to sleep.

True to my word i called Alex's house and unfortunately he wasn't there. I was told that Mason was at his grandpas place. So i decided I'd take Enna to spend a few days there also.
After getting her clothes packed for a few days and bathed her, got her dressed in her favourite tracks and her hoodie.
I got myself ready and in no time, we were out of the house. After about half an hour, we were approaching the De Lucca mansion.
Mason was in the front porch with his grandma.
"Nonna! Mashe!" Enna screamed and ran towards them, grinning from ear to ear.

They turned towards us and grinned too. Mase ran and hugged her. They were so cute.
I hugged Abby and walked with her to the door, the kids running around the porch, playing tag.
"It's so good to see you, Gia. I heard about what happened, I'm sorry," she squeezed my shoulder and led me inside.
Changing the subject i asked when Mason arrived.
"Saturday," she said.
So four days now.

"Where's Alex anyway?" i asked curiously. I know he decided that he would not see me after that day. And true to his word, i haven't see him.
She stopped for a while before regaining her composure and shrugged, "he had emergency bussiness to take care of."
Wierd.

The whole day everyone was acting weird around me.
Is it because of how i reacted to Alex?
Damn, they must think I'm so selfish.

I wanted to talk to Nate about this. I was getting uncomfortable with how everyone was looking at me.
I saw him standing on the balcony, his back facing me, he was on the phone with a client, I'm assuming.
Not wanting to disturb him, i slowly and quietly walked to the doorframe, careful not to make my presence known.

"I know.... Don't worry, just a few more days Alex. I'll bail you out.... You were only trying to defend her, that's all there is.... But she's not there to testify...Right... Alex, your son has been asking for you all the time... We have to do everything we can to get you out.... "

My blood froze with everything he said.
Alex was in prison.
Because of me.
Fuuuuck.
I screamed in my head all profanities.

"What the fuck Nate!" i got out from my hiding, almost glaring at him.
He turned around and faced me, looking like a kid who was caught stealing candy, his phone still on his ear.
"Fuck!" i faintly heard Alex's voice on the other side.
"Ummh.... I'll see you later man," Nate said to him, his voice shaking then hang up.
I was glaring at him, "why the fuck didn't you tell me?"
He scratched the back of his neck, trying to come up with a lie. Definitely.
"He told me not to. He doesn't want you to get involved," he cleared his throat.
I shaked my head, "when is his hearing? Who's the judge on the case?"

"Ummh.. It's tomorrow. Bale is the judge," he smiled sadly.
Bale was the one who helped me get away from Kevin.
I nodded my head and walked out of the house.
Drove all the way to mine's.
He is going to get it from me.

Hey guys....
How do you like this chapter?
Vote if you do.
Vote
Vote
Vote.
I love you cake lovers.