| 19 | studying

Priv. Conversation
sky 🌌 (Skylar)
daze (Daisy)

sky 🌌
he likes you

daze
He doesn't

sky 🌌
He does

daze
he doesn't

sky 🌌
You said he asked you to ask him to the winter formal

daze
he did

sky 🌌
And you said he called you beautiful

daze
he did

sky 🌌
And you also said he asked you to dance with him

daze
he did.

sky 🌌
SO HE LIKES YOU
No, HE LOVES YOU

daze
No he doesn'tttttt

sky 🌌
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Why not
What possible explanation do you have
For him not liking you

daze
if he liked me
He would have made a move at this point
Like a kiss
Or an 'I like you'
Or somethinggggg to tell me he likes me

sky 🌌
Maybe he thinks you don't like him so he's afraid
Or maybe all of those points I mentioned were his way of telling you but in a more discrete way

daze
I hate discrete
I want him to be upfront

sky 🌌
Why don't you make the move and be upfront

daze
Because he doesn't like me
I don't want to be rejected by him
I'd rather be friends with him
Or no wait...
I don't know anymore
Sometimes I feel like I can't be his friend and I need to be more than that or ill die
And sometimes I feel like I'd rather be his friend than lose him

sky 🌌
So what side of your alter ego wins?

daze
The one that would rather be his friend then get rejected

sky 🌌
Ugh I hate her

daze
SKYLAR!
Take that back you love her

sky 🌌
No I don't
I hate her
I like the one that would rather be upfront with her feelings and tell Timothée how she feels rather than go along being his buddy when she wants to be more than that

daze
That sounds way better
But I don't have the balls for that

sky 🌌
🤦🏻‍♀️
oh dear god.

daze
I give up
I'm just gunna stay at home all day and sleep

sky 🌌
Yeah there's no way that's happening
If I know Timothée he's going to text you in the next hour and find out you aren't doing anything and make you leave the house

daze
I'll tell him I have to study

sky 🌌
He'll come over and watch you study

daze
ugh then there's no way out

sky 🌌
TELL HIM U LOVE HIM

daze
NOOOOOO

________________

And just as Skylar suspected Andrew was now knocking on Daisy's door telling her she had a visitor. She had already texted Timmy to tell him she was going to study but Skylar had gotten to him first and told him she was in fact lying.

As for Andrew he was too protective over Daisy to let Timmy into her room so she was forced to take some random textbooks downstairs with her and lead Timothée to the garden where we they sat on the swings. 'See I am studying.' She tell him pointing at the books sprawled out in front of her.

'Ok fine, then explain this to me.' He says pointing to a random keyword in Daisy's physics text book. She throws her head back because it was the only term in the whole page that she did not know. What were the odds? 'Fine, I wasn't studying but I will now.' She says and she buries her face in her book. Timmy pulls the book out of her grasp and looks at her.

'I need to ask you something.' He says his eyes never leaving the ground. 'Ask me.' She says although she is slightly afraid of what he wants to say to her.

'Last night, at the winter formal... you said something. What did you mean by it?' Right after he says this Daisy knows exactly what he is referring to, but she chooses play along.

'What did I say?' she asks with fake curiosity. And finally his vision averts from where it was on the ground to her eyes.

Daisy wishes he'd kept his eyes on the ground because having him stare at her that way made her nervous, it made her heart start to beat rapidly in her chest. 'You said that when I called you beautiful, it didn't mean the same thing to me that it did to you. What does that mean?' He says slightly frustrated, as if he is trying to figure out the mystery behind Daisy's words but he is failing miserably.

What she really meant was that to her those words meant everything, that he might feel the same way about her, but she knew better than to believe that. And she knew that to him those words were just him being polite. That he was looking at her like the way her older brothers do when she walks down the stairs in a pretty dress and they call her beautiful.

But she doesn't tell him that, he can't know that. 'Timmy please don't ask me that. I just... I can't tell you.' Daisy says this as she is looking away from him but that just makes him want to get her attention even more so he reaches for her hand and searches her face for an answer.

'Why? I really don't get it why not? What did that mean?' Daisy sighs and try's to find the right words.

'Look, do you enjoy being my friend?' She asks her eyebrows raised Timothée nods multiple times.

'Of course I do!' He says this defensively.

'Well do you want this friendship to end?' She asks him and this time it takes him slightly longer to answer. His voice is quiet as he lets out a 'no' and Daisy groans in reply.

'Then I can't tell you, because if I do. We won't be friends.' The answer doesn't satisfy him at all, in fact he seems even more confused then he was before and she doesn't blame him. She just looks back down at her book and let's Timothée's mind run wild.