| 28| magic

Daisy awoke feeling a sick feeling in her stomach. The first place she thought of heading was the bathroom and she found herself bolting towards it in an instant. She was surprised to find that it took her so little time to release the vomit from her system. It had been a while since her last nightmare, therefore this one came as a startle to her.

Once she felt herself calming down she headed back to her bed trying to fall back asleep. She was tired but a large part of her was also deathly afraid that if she fell back asleep the same nightmare would repeat itself. Therefore she was incapable of falling back into a peaceful slumber.

Her hand reached out for her phone and she found it on the nightstand. Her lockscreen read 3:42 a.m and she groaned in annoyance. This meant she would have to stay awake, all by herself in this creepy room for the next 4 hours until she would eventually have to leave for the hospital.

Priv. Conversation
daisy (Daisy)
sky🌌 (Skylar)

daisy
sky
you up yet?

sky🌌
yeah I'm getting ready for school
why are you awake?
are the nightmares back?

daisy
yeah
and as usual I can't fall back asleep

sky🌌
Then don't
Just wake Timmy up
He'll get your mind off it

daisy
I won't wake him up
It's 3 in the morning

sky🌌
so?

daisy
so?
that's cruel

sky🌌
Fine then
Wake Pierre up, he always goes into your room when Harvey lashes out
Now it's your turn to do the same

daisy
Pierre came back from the hospital at 1 a.m he probably just fell asleep
I'll just check if Timmy's awake
If he's not I'll deal with it on my own

sky🌌
good luck :(

***

The sound of the wooden floorboards creaking caused Timothée to stir awake slightly. His eyes stay shut as he tries to fall back asleep however once he hears his door creaking open he can't help but peak to see who it might be. All he see's is her silhouette, but he could most definitely tell it was Daisy.

'Daisy?' He asks, confused. He looks at his phone and realizes it's the middle of the night.

'Fuck. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to wake you up.' She apologizes.

'It's fine, what's wrong?' Timothée begins to sit up in his bed. He could tell something wasn't right because nothing really good ever happens in the middle of the night. Also, the look on her face said it all and he watched Daisy close the door and head towards him taking a seat at the edge of his bed.

'I had a nightmare and I can't fall back asleep.' She says groaning in frustration. Timothée realizes that this wasn't an unfamiliar situation. Daisy had talked to him prior in the middle of the night because of some nightmare she was having.

'Was it about your dad?' he asks. Daisy shakes her head. 'About Harvey?' He adds but once again her response is a no. Timothée furrows his eyebrows. 'It's not about anyone in my family, or my friends. It's just, it's complicated and I can't really talk about it.' Daisy wants to leave it at that but Timothée can't help his curiosity.

'Why can't you talk about it?' He asks her.

'Because no one knows. Not sky, not Pierre, not you, not any of my friends or my family. Nobody.' This finally shuts him up. It seemed that if Daisy couldn't tell her closest friend and her brother this secret than there was no chance in hell she would tell him.

Instead he decided to drop it and comfort her, the way he had promised he would when he arrived in Los Angeles. 'You can sleep here if you want.' He says but Daisy just shrugs.

'What difference would it make if it was my bed or yours.' She asks and a smirk forms on Timothée's face.

'I'm happy you asked that because, if you look right here my pillow is actually quiet magical.' Timothée says pointing at the very plain white pillow beside him. Daisy's eyes widen and a small grin forms on her features.

'Oh is that so?' She asks jokingly and Timothée nods.

'Mhmmm, it really is. I brought it all the way from New York with me and this pillow right here is so magical that I have never had a nightmare in all the days that I've slept with it.'

'Not one?' Daisy asks a smile on her face.

'Nope. Not one fucking nightmare.' Daisy can't help but burst out into a fit of laughter. 'What's funny? I'm being serious.' Says Timothée but once she starts laughing he can't help but join in with her.

'Ok fine. Lets test out this pillow of yours.' Daisy climbs onto the bed and Timothée gets off letting her lay there comfortably. She makes herself cozy as she bundles the sheets over her and snuggles up to the pillow. Timothée smiles at the very sight of her. Everything in him wanted to jump in and curl up in that bed with her but he resisted the urge.

'You can lay with me, I won't bite.' Daisy says patting the large space beside her. But Timothée shakes his head. 'No, or else the magic of the pillow won't work.'

Daisy pouts as he heads for the couch on the other side of the room. 'Don't worry about me this couch looks quite comfortable.' Daisy argues with Timothée telling him to take the large space on the bed but he refuses and has already made himself comfortable on the couch.

They talk for a few minutes, share a few laughs until eventually Daisy goes silent for a moment too long and the sound of her laughter cannot be heard. 'Daze?' Whispers Timothée. 'Daisy?' He says a little louder but once he gets a good glance at her he realizes she's completely knocked out on the bed. He hoped and prayed that the pillow would really do its magic and chase away all the nightmares she could have had.

________________
This chapter could have been so cute if I knew how to write it correctly. Ugh :/

But anyways, can you guys take a guess as to what Daisy's nightmare is about?