| 62 | fists and fights

In another club, on another dance floor, in another crowd of sweaty bodies Daisy was found in the midst of drunk, carefree people. Except she wasn't dancing. She was stood still with a drink in her hands as she took large swigs of the bottle every few seconds.

Skylar was with her this time, not because she was invited, but because she chased after her best friend knowing damn well that she was about to do something stupid. And that stupid something was going to a club and getting hammered. 'This is the fourth time this week you've gotten drunk.' Skylar says annoyed as she grabs the bottle from her best friends hand.

Daisy had a tight grip on the glass bottle and she refused to let Skylar have it unless she was going to take a drink of it herself. But she knew better, and she knew that Sky was not going to have a drink of her vodka so she kept a tight hold on it. 'I'm not drunk Sky. I'm not even tipsy yet.' She tells Skylar as her words slur.

Skylar rolls her eyes. Drunk wasn't a good look on Daisy. Because instead of being a normal person and having a few shots and letting loose, she would drink an entire bottle and ask for more, and more, and more.

It was tragic.

All of this over some dumb boy. Skylar thought. But then she realized that it wasn't just over Timothée. It was everything mixed in all together.

It was about the fact that her father was getting worse and worse, about how the scandal might have been solved but people won't stop talking about it, and they haven't stopped asking her about it either. About how Kaden has been controlling Daisy and yelling at her all the time because he's afraid she'll fall in the same hole that Harvey fell in, but Daisy doesn't care. And to top it all off. It's also about how Pierre is in Los Angeles with his mom and dad and all Daisy wants is to cry on her brother's shoulder because he is the only one who will understand. Because he was betrayed by someone he loved once too.

So maybe it wasn't just about a boy. Maybe it was more than that.

But that doesn't mean that Timothée didn't play a huge role in Daisy's new fondness over alcohol.

Because he did.

He played a goddamn ginormous role in her new obsession.

***

'Come on Timothée, can't you have fun for once?' Julien asks as he is getting ready to leave Timothée's dreary apartment. Ever since Daisy and Timothée broke up Timothée has been so boring and dull to hang out with and Julien keeps asking him to go out and have fun and meet girls. But of course Timothée refuses to do that.

'I don't want to meet a girl and fall in love again.' Timothée says rolling his eyes. 'Don't you get it Julien, I'm still in love with Daisy.' Timothée says trying to get his idiot best friend to understand.

But Julien does understand. He understands perfectly. 'Okay. I get it, you don't want to start a new relationship with any other girl who isn't Daisy. But I didn't ask you to come with me to the club so you can find a girl. I asked you to come with me so we can get drunk and dance and be idiots for a night.'

And surprisingly enough, the offer was tempting to Timothée and he decided that although getting drunk for a night wouldn't solve his problems, it might help him forget them for a moment or two.

'So are you coming?' Julien asks, with his coat already on and his hand on Timothée's door knob ready to leave.

'No. I think I'd rather stay home and watch sad movies.' Timothée says reaching for the remote and turning on his television.