| 58 | graduation and new begginings

*one month later*

Daisy didn't know how, but she was graduating today. Finally.

Although she was given a short break which she spent filming her movie last month, there were a few days that she had to miss due to her filming schedule being extended. Therefore, getting back to school and making up for all the work she had missed was something difficult. But her teachers cut her some slack because they knew of all the things Daisy had to go through.

The whole school knew about her brother's overdose but it didn't stop her from attending school and doing the best she could. Even with the stares and the chatter of the students, she didn't let anything stop her.

As for her health she was better, both mentally and physically and that was thanks to her loving mother who refused to leave New York until she knew for sure that her daughter was okay.

Not to mention, the puppy she was gifted from her brother Pierre who completely brightened up her days. Her new dog Homer was a light in her very dull life and he was one of the main reasons for her recovery.

Daisy sat in the crowd, with Skylar beside her. The two of them were nervous and Daisy couldn't help but look back every so often to find Timothée and be reassured by his smile or his simple nod. Timothée and Daisy had grown closer in this past month.

Their arguments stopped, so did Timothée's constant worrying about her. Timothée watched Daisy grow stronger day by day and it brought him comfort that she was getting better gradually. Her nightmares were gone, and that played a big role in her recovery because now she was able to get a good nights sleep.

Also, she had spent a lot of time in his apartment. Spending her nights there and cuddling up with him in the afternoons. Their relationship was at the strongest it had ever been and Daisy could not stop looking back at him to give her comfort.

'Could you stop looking at Timothée, we get it your in love but stop staring at him for once.' Skylar complains rolling her eyes. She was single at the moment which meant that she was always complaining about Daisy and Timothée and how gross they could be.

Daisy even stopped inviting her over to Timothée's apartment because she kept making gagging noises every time they would kiss. 'I'm not gawking at him Sky, I'm just nervous.' She explains to her best friend who rolls her eye in return.

'Well, so am I. But we're going to get through this. Together.' Skylar says reaching for Daisy's hand and squeezing. The two smile at each other but their exchange was cut short once the director announced the first name.

'Anthony Carter.' He says into the microphone and his voice blares through the speakers filling everyone's eardrums. Daisy and Skylar watch as their classmate stood up and marched his way up to the stage. He was confident, Daisy could tell he was by the way he carried himself up there.

She did not feel as confident as he did and her stomach began to hurt as she imagined herself walking up there and maybe tripping or falling over and making a fool out of herself. The image of that plays in her mind until Skylar's name is called up and she is brought out of her thoughts.

'Break a leg.' Daisy mutters without really meaning to and Skylar sends her a glare as she brushes past her and walks up the steps herself. Daisy can't help but start clapping and cheering for her best friend. The tears of joy were staring to well up in her eyes as she watched Skylar smile so brightly and receive her diploma. It was a heartwarming moment and once it was over Daisy's nerves were back and she turned back to look at Timothée one more time just to calm herself down.