| 48 | chaos

'I'll look for him on the streets.' Says Kaden walking towards the door.

'I'll check the nearby bars.' Pierre adds following his brother out the door.

Timothée looks at Daisy unable to depict her expression. He didn't know what she was thinking until she spoke up.

'I'll check the house.' she is about to follow her brother's out the door but her mother calls out for her.

'Wait. I'll come.' Julie says, a fresh set of tears already glazed over her eyes. Harvey's addiction was always hard on her, so she wants to be a part of it but Daisy shakes her head.

She approaches her mom placing a kiss on her mother's cheek before pulling away. 'No mom. Dad needs you here... but don't worry we'll find him.' her mother nods letting out a shaky breath and Daisy makes sure to place a quick kiss on her father's head before heading out.

Timothée was following behind her, no words escaped him. He was stunned and confused all at once. Timothée had never been put in such a situation before but it seemed like Daisy had it all figured out and so did her brother's. This was a routine for them. 'Daisy wait!' he calls out trying to catch up with her.

But Daisy doesn't stop to look back at him, or catch a breath she walks even faster and it is that this point that Timothée begins to worry. He runs to catch her and right as they are exiting the hospital he grabs ahold of her shoulder and brings her to a complete halt. 'Daisy!' He says trying to grab her attention. And she finally looks at him, her cheeks are stained with tears and her eyes are so tragically sad that it hurts to even look into them.

It hurts to look at her so Timothée looks away feeling a stab at his chest. 'What?!' She demands, her voice cracking in the process as she searches him for an explanation.

Timothée doesn't know what to tell her. All he knows is that a few hours ago she was a bundle of happiness on the plane ride. Laughing at his jokes and telling him all about what had happened on the Fourth of July. But now, now she was in a fit of tears and pain and Timothée hated seeing her this way. He hated it more than anything in the world.

'I- I'm just... I'm so sorry.' this was all he could think to say to her as he took another glance at her sad eyes. Daisy sighs loudly bringing her hands to her face and harshly rubbing the tears off of her cheeks.

'Nothing is your fault Timothée, you don't have to apologize.' her voice is calmer, steadier. 'In fact I'm the one that should be apologizing, for how fucked up my family can be.' and before he knows it Daisy is walking away again and she's calling for a cab.

***

Seeing Harvey's car parked outside the house made Daisy nervous. Of course she wanted to find him but she didn't know what state she would find him in. Her heart thumped with anticipation as the uber driver pulled into their driveway and she wondered what she was going to find inside.

Timothée offered to walk inside first, in case he found a sight in there that he felt Daisy should not see. But of course the brunette shakes her head, walking in front of him and leading the way inside. Andrew wasn't home, because he had been in New York with them for the past few weeks. And ever since Julie had flown back to New York no maid had set foot in their home.

The only person that could have walked in and out was Harvey, therefore Daisy made sure to search every single room in that house for him. Because she had a gut feeling that her brother was in there, and he most probably wasn't okay. 'Daisy I don't think he's here.' Says Timothée.

He doesn't know why he said that. They had only searched the first floor and all the rooms including Harvey's room were still upstairs, where they hadn't searched yet. But for some reason he was afraid of what he was going to find, and he was afraid of how Daisy was going to react.

'Timothée if you don't want to come with me I'll understand. If anything, I'd rather you don't come with me at all.' Although she sounds weak and sad she meant what she said she really didn't want him tagging along and seeing how fucked up her brother was going to look.

Timothée shakes his head violently as he runs a hand through his messy curls. 'No Daisy, I'm coming with you. I won't let you go through this alone.' he demands hearing towards the stairs but Daisy's hand on his arm brings him to a halt.

'Look, if Harvey really is in here then I don't want you to see him in that state.' Daisy tells him, her eyes serious. She was way past her crying stage and was now in tough mode as she searched Timothée's green eyes.

'Well good thing it's not your choice to make.' Timothée says turning away from her and heading up the stairs with Daisy following behind him. 'Listen Daisy, I played a drug addict in a movie. I met various addicted people and I know what to do in these situations.' he's says this to her as he ascends the stairs.

'So do I.' she replies painfully. And it makes Timothée's heart twist in his chest.

'Well then, I guess we'll make a pretty good team.'

Searching room after room was something that terrified both Timothée and Daisy. Sometimes Timothée would enter first, opening the door slowly only to find that nobody was inside. And other times Daisy would take the lead and she would stare at the room for a little longer, hoping he'll appear out of thin air.

It wasn't until they reached his room that the two of them stopped. Timothée let out a shaky breath and he turned to Daisy reaching for her hand and squeezing it. 'He might not even be in here.' he tells her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Daisy averts her attention to the door, wondering what lays behind it. 'I hope he is. And I hope he's okay.' She says looking back at Timothée.

'Me too.' he whispers back before placing a passionate kiss on her lips. It was short but it meant something to the two of them, it meant that they were going to get through this. That no matter what it was they were going to find behind that door, they were going to be strong.

Little did they know, how much chaos was going to occur.

_____________________