| 46 | not a full reunion

A pair of lips kiss Daisy's temple early in the morning. She feels the bright rays of sunshine hovering over her face and realizes that a set of hands are now running through her hair. She flutters her eyes open in confusion. Unable to adjust to the bright light that was shining into her bedroom so early in the morning.

'Mom?' Daisy mumbles confused once she is met with her mother's light blue eyes. Julie smiles down at her daughter with a layer of fresh tears glazing over her eyes. It had been a while since she had seen her daughter and the sight of her laying in her bed so peacefully resonated in Julie's heart.

'Hey baby, how are you?' She says chocking back tears. Daisy doesn't reply. Instead she sits up in her bed, pulling her mother into a messy hug. Their hair was tangled up in between their arms, and their arms were wrapped around each other's bodies in a peculiar way. But it didn't matter, what mattered is that Daisy got to hold her mother after such a long time.

Once Daisy had gotten out enough sobs for the morning she finally pulls away from her mother, who was in the same fit of tears that she was in. Daisy no doubt got her habit of crying from her mother, but surprisingly enough she also got her tough demeanor from her mother as well. She smiled at her mom ever so brightly and said in the most steady voice she could master. 'What on earth are you doing here?'

Julie laughs pushing hair away from her daughters wet cheeks and holding onto her hands. 'I came to see you, and your brothers.' She speaks as if it were that simple. But Daisy is still seated on her bed, feeling as confused as ever.

'But I'm visiting you this weekend, and Kaden and Pierre are visiting the week after..' Daisy explains but her mother shakes her head in return.

'I know. But I wanted to see you all earlier, and I thought we could both fly back to your father, together.' Although Daisy was in complete shock of this surprise visit and of her mother's words, she still nodded in compliance. There was really no reason to argue with her mother. It seemed like an awfully good plan and Daisy was willing to stick with it.

'I'd love that.' Daisy says pulling her mother into yet another hug. However, she pulled away once she realized something. 'Wait. Then who's taking care of dad?'

Julie smiles at her daughters concern. It always warmed her heart how much she cared for her father and she rubbed her arms up and down, trying to calm the girl down. 'Don't worry, Harvey's with him and so is your Uncle Felix. They're taking good care of him.'

Daisy nods satisfied with her mother's answer because she was very much aware of how close her father and her uncle Felix were. They were very close siblings and it relaxed her to know that her father was going to be by his brothers side for the time being.

'Oh, and I also have another surprise for you.' Julie says receiving a puzzled expression from Daisy. 'But you aren't getting it until later in the day.'

'Later in the day?! Come on mom you know I'm impatient!' Daisy whines, causing her mother to reminisce on old times. When Daisy used to complain about the littlest of things. She could almost say she missed it.

'I don't care. You have to wait.' Julie says, ordering Daisy to be patient. 'But you're gunna love the surprise.' she adds on, excited for her daughter to see what she had in store for her that day.

Daisy raises her eyebrows. 'Am I gunna love it more than I love this surprise?' asks Daisy with a smirk on her face.

Julie takes a moment to reply.

'Honestly, yeah... you will.'

***