Chapter 6

We got to Mr. Collins house around 5. When I got out the car and started to the house Jessica ran out and jumped into my arms.

"Kellin!" She was happy to see me obviously. I wrapped my arms around her as she stayed in my arms.

"What's going on munchkin?" I asked her. She looked up and smiled, I gave her that nickname because of her height. She loved when I called her that.

She let go of me and I rested my arm over her shoulder as we walked to the house.

"Just got done helping mommy. We're having lasagna." She grabbed my hand and held it as we went into the house.

"Hi Kellin." Mrs. Collins greeted me.

"Hey Mrs. Collins. How are you today?" I let go of Jessica and went to hug her mom.

"I'm fine. Thanks. So how has things been going?" She pulled away and went back to cooking.

"Fine, just fine." I lied a bit.

"That's good. Well dinner will be ready at 6 like always." She turned around and smiled at me.

"Can we go up to my room?" Jessica asked her.

"Sure, tell your father that his mail is on the table when you pass by him." She took my hand and started towards the stairs.

"Dad, mail's on the table." She shouted to him as we went up the stairs.

We got up to her room and I saw that she had rearranged it. She had posters of bands plastered on her wall, and pictures of some of the members. I looked around at them, some of the bands I liked. All time low, bring me the horizon, these were all good bands.

"Like?" I looked at her and she was smiling hugely.

"Yeah. This is awesome." I smiled back and continued to look over the posters.

"Thanks. Remember the last time you were here and you played some of your music?"

"Yeah." I didn't look at her, I kept my eyes on the all time low poster in front of me. I did remember listening to music with her, a few months ago.

"Well I liked one of the songs and I listened to it a lot. Then I saw other bands and listened to them and instantly fell in love." She explained.

"Awesome." I went over and gave her a high-five.

"Thanks." She smiled nervously and sat in her computer chair. I sat on her bed and looked around for a moment.

I stopped and saw she was playing with her thumbs. I smiled to myself and she saw me.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing." I smiled again causing her to smile.

Her smile was beautiful, she was beautiful. I felt bad that I wasn't attracted to her because she seemed to really like me. Any guy would be lucky to have her, but I know the guys she wants is me, but I can't. I looked away and stared back at one of the posters.

"Hey," she was trying to get my attention. "I heard that you got into a fight?" That word made my stomach clench.

"Uh, it wasn't actually a fight. I just broke it up." I admitted.

"So you didn't punch Vic?" His name made my stomach clench more. I felt a lump form in my throat.

"Uh, yeah I, uh did. I thought he would hurt the guy." I explained.

"Ohh." She nodded and spun around in her chair. "That was real brave of you."

"Thanks." I looked at my phone for the time. It was almost time for dinner.