Chapter 23

She let go. Why did she let go? I look around and see him. Crying into my back. I push away and look around to find her. She isn't there. He stands up and comes towards me.

"Fuck you!" I push him away.

"Kellin." He starts.

"No fuck you." I began to cry. "I was finally going to be with her, but you messed it up. You messed it all up."

He pulled me into his chest and I pushed away.

"I hate you. I hate you forever." I screamed.

"I don't care. I couldn't let you do that." He cried.

"I wanted to go with her. You just don't want to see me happy with anyone that isn't you." I yelled at him.

"Kellin, I'm sorry." He came at me again, trying to wrap his arms around me.

"No, move. I hate you. You fucked it all up. Now I can never be with her. I just want her." I started hitting and punching him in the chest.

"Kellin." He didn't seem hurt or worried about the fact that I was hitting him.

"Leave me alone." I hit him one last time and walked away.

"Kellin! I can't lose you." He shouted at me.

"You should have thought about that before you took me from her." I snapped.

I left him there. I didn't look back, I just continued to walk. There was no other place to go except to Tyler's house. I heard Vic's car following close behind me. I turned around to see him crying as he drove behind me.

"Dick! Fucking asshole!" I screamed as I kicked at the hood of his car. He didn't seem to mind that I was doing it, so I stopped.

When I made it to Tyler's house I opened the door and went outside to the pool. I sat in the corner in front of the pool, so no one would see me out here. I heard the door open again, I assume Vic came in.

I took out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I needed to listen to music and drown out what happened. I played all her favorite songs and looked through our text messages. I started to cry at the one she sent me the day I went home early.

'I love you.'

I didn't text her back after I got the message. I decided to reply to her.

'I'm sorry. I didn't know that he was going to take me away from you. Please come and get me. I'm at Tyler's. I just want to be with you.'

I laid down and continued to listen to my music. I closed my eyes hoping to get some sleep without being bothered. No matter how long I laid there I couldn't go to sleep though. I turned the music up more, hoping it would help drown and relax my mind. It didn't help.

I turned the music off and laid there. I was in this dark and was washed over by a cool breeze. I was laying on the scarf, I snuggled up to it more. I still couldn't get to sleep. I sat up and picked up my phone. I had text messages and missed calls from Vic and Tyler.

'Where are you?'

'Please come back.'

I ignored them and scrolled through my call log. I saw all my calls and started to delete them. When I came to my mom's calls, I skipped over them. When I finished there was 736 calls from and to her. I wanted to make one last call to her. I pressed her name and waited as the line began to ring.

"Hello, you have reached Karen. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now."

"Hang up and try later."