Chapter 18

I woke up around 9 and I thought I died. My first thought was I was dead. Vic fell asleep at the steering wheel and now I'm dead. I stood up and walked around the room I was in. I was laying on the couch and I didn't see anyone around. I wanted to call out for Vic or Mike, but what if I really was dead. I heard familiar humming from what I think was the kitchen. I followed it, the tune of Stella.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Kellin, honey." I knew who it was then.

"Mom!" I walked quickly to the kitchen, only to be slightly disappointed. It wasn't my mom but it was a close second.

"Kellin." Mrs. Carter said as she tackled me in a hug. "How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

"That's good. I'm making breakfast. Why don't you go get the other boys." I nodded and turned around only to see Tyler and Vic with huge smiles.

"Are you gonna just stand there or hug me." Tyler asked. I ran and jumped in his arms. He laughed as we fell back.

"I missed you." I told him, as I squeezed him tightly.

"I missed you too." He said I pulled back from the hug and gave him a kiss.

He smiled and pulled away. Tyler was that type of friend. If I needed a kiss or a hug, he was there. We never dated or anything, we didn't see each other that way. I pulled back from the hug and watched him. I couldn't believe that I was actually here with him. I looked at Vic and smiled at him. He looked shocked but smiled back. This was the first time I had really smiled since my mom.

"How have you been?" Tyler asked.

"I've been good." I smiled. I felt like a 15 year old girl talking to her crush.

"How have you been taking things?" I knew that's what he wanted to know.

"I've been okay. But I'm better now." He playfully pushed me.

"Okay boys. You can eat." Mrs. Carter set our plates on the table. "Wait, didn't you have a brother coming?" She asked Vic.

"Yeah, he's upstairs though. I'll go get him in a bit. He had a rough night." He looked at me and I nodded.

"Okay, well you boys eat up. I'm going to work." She kissed Tyler and my foreheads. "See you boys this afternoon."

She left the kitchen and we heard the front door close. We sat in silence and ate. Me and Tyler continuously stared and smiled at each other.

"So, have you two dated?" Vic asked breaking the silence.

"No, we're friends. We've been friends for over 3 years now." I explained.

"He's my only friend, I love him." I grabbed Tyler's hand and smiled.

We went back to eating and I looked at Vic who glares at our hands. I let go of his hand and Vic looked at me. He faked a smile when he realized I saw him. We ate, Vic finished before both of us and went upstairs to tend to Mike. Tyler and I started to talk.

"So how is your dad taking things?" The smile faded from my face and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't talk to him. It's his fault. I'd rather have that been him instead." I bluntly told him.

"Is that hers?" He pointed to my wrist. I nodded.

"I like having her around, or at least something of her." I explained.

"I'm sorry for what happened." He have me a sympathetic look that I've seen too many times.

"Yeah, me too." I mumbled and went back to eating. I no longer had the urge to talk to him.