Chapter 8

Vic's P.O.V

I left from Kellin's room because he kept asking questions. I didn't want to talk about anything that happened today. I went back downstairs to the living room where Mike was. He was watching reruns of Teen Wolf and eating another slice of pizza. I went around and sat next to him.

"You think he'll kick us out?" Mike asked me as he finished the pizza.

"No, I don't think he will, but he could." I sighed.

"Do you think he'll let us stay here?" He was starting to annoy me with questions.

"I don't know Mike." I didn't know what to say.

We sat back on the couch and watched tv some more. We heard the shutting of a car door and we went to the window. A man about 6'7 was coming to the house. He must have been Kellin's dad.

"Shit. Come on." I told Mike.

We cut off the tv and lights and ran upstairs to my room. We heard the door open and we closed my door quietly. We stood back as we heard someone retreating up the stairs. Soon everything was silent, we looked at each other and went over to my bed and sat down. He took out his phone and I saw it.

"Why does he keep calling?" I asked him.

"I don't know, but do you think we need to tell mom where we are?" He scrolled through his contacts to her number.

"No. She can't know." I took away his phone.

"But she might get worried." He complained.

"And dad might find out and he'll come and get us. Now would you rather her worry or you have to face dad?" I asked him sternly.

"Sorry." He put his head down.

"Now we can just stay here and tell mom that we're safe. Okay?" He knew it was the best thing to do.

"Okay." He agreed.

"Now why don't you go to bed. Kellin and his dad might be in bed by now." I patted his back and he smiled.

"Night." He spoke quietly as he got up and left the room.

I laid back on the bed and remembered everything that had happened.

**FLASHBACK**

I had gotten suspended so I was out of school for a day, so what? Didn't bother me. I just wanted to get back at that kid, what was his name.

"Hey Mike!" I called.

He ran to my door with his backpack on, he was getting ready for school.

"What's up, man?"

"What's that kid's name who pulled me back?" I didn't mention the punch.

"Uh, I think Tony said his name was Kellin."

"Alright. Thanks man."

Kellin. He was going to get payback for what he did. I laid in bed and blasted my music through my headphones, I had nothing better to do. I looked at the time, the day had past by it was 4:37. Mike would be home from school at anytime. I cut my music off and went downstairs. I looked in the fridge, there wasn't anything to eat, just leftovers. I called my mom to tell her.

"Hey we're out of food."

"Well get a job and buy some." She meddled.

"But mommm." I dragged the word. "I'm hungry."

"I'll take you and Mike to the store when I get home." She chuckled.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up.