Chapter 15

Days went by and I didn't go to school, my dad didn't bother me about it either. I hardly left my room, I only left once. I went to my Mom's funeral 3 days after her death. Worst experience I ever had. When I went to her wake, that morning, she looked so beautiful and peaceful. I cried into her chest, I didn't want to let go. No one bothered me, they all carried on as I cried. I had been through soo much with this woman, she was my friend. I don't know any woman as majestic as her. She's always going to be in my heart regardless. When I couldn't cry anymore, I went to the car and waited for my dad to come.

We drove to the funeral, there was a crowd of people there. None of them probably really knew her. The priest said a speech of how God called her home. I became angered, she was home. I didn't need to lose her. A bunch of people lined up to talk about her. I didn't pay any attention to the assholes, they didn't mean it. I ignored them and looked over the obituary. Everyone said things like she was pretty, nice, and blah. My dad's turn came up, I watched him step up to the podium.

"Um, Karen was my first love." He was choking back his tears. "She was the only woman I ever loved."

"Bullshit." I muttered under my breath. He heard me and gave me an annoyed look.

"I've spent 23 years with her, she was an amazing woman. I just hate that she's gone." He started to cry more.

I didn't cry one tear since I realized she died. I just wanted to be alone. I would try and make myself cry, by looking at pictures me and her took. Nothing helped, I just couldn't shed a tear. The only time I cried was when I saw her lifeless face. It was too much to handle, but my dad, I know he only felt guilt. He was stronger than me to handle this, it was the guilt that was eating away at him. My dad quit crying and was able to finish his speech. He thanked everyone for coming and got down, it was my turn. I climbed the few steps and approached the podium.

"First I would like to say, all of you are full of shit." I spoke. Everyone gasped in shock. "None of you knew what my mom was really like. She was the most amazing, beautiful, and best woman I've ever known. You people come in here and say nice things when none of you really talked to her. I was her number one priority. She spent the most time with me, not you." I pointed to the crowd as I felt tears come to my eyes.

"I fucking loved this woman like no other. I don't even like girls, but I loved her. She wasn't just my mom, she was my friend. I could turn to her for anything." I was in tears. I dried my eyes and the priest tried to remove me, I pushed him away.

"I needed this woman. I can't live without her and your fucking God took her." I scanned the crowd and then pointed to my dad. "You drove her away. You were fucking some slut and drove her away. She would still be here if it weren't for you. I hate you. I wish that this would have been you! I don't need you, I need her. She was there when you weren't!" I screamed at him.

He burst into tears and tried to come comfort me. I jumped down from the stage and ran. I knew where to go, I knew where the cemetery was. I went there and waited for them to arrive with her. When everyone departed from her casket I went to it. I sat down beside it. I opened it. I saw her angelic face and smiled and cried. How come I couldn't have gone with her. She didn't need to leave me, now I have no one. I cried on her chest again and felt a hand touch me. I looked up thinking it would be her, but it was Vic.

"What do you want? Are you here to call me a momma's boy again? Go ahead." I returned back to her chest. I smelled her lifeless body, she still smelled the same. I was going to miss her scent.

"No, I came to tell you I'm sorry." He kneeled down beside me.

"It's too late for that. So take your fucking apology and shove it up your ass. I don't need your sympathy." I didn't look at him. I stared at my mom's beautiful face and ran my fingers through her hair.