Chapter 40

I had fun being with Vic, it was different but I liked it. While Vic and I were out snorkeling, I was getting text messages and phone calls. I didn't know until we came back upon the shore. They were all from mostly Tyler, he and Michael must be worried. I called him back and he answered after the first ring.

"What's been going on?" He asked frantically.

"Nothing, everything's good. What's up?"

"What's up? Why don't you tell me what's up with you and justin? He called us saying you both broke up." He said kind of pissed.

"Nothing, I just felt uncomfortable around him." I shrugged it off.

"Uncomfortable? Couldn't you have told us that before we sent the two of you to Hawaii.?" He shouted.

"Sorry, I just I don't know he asked me to marry him." I blurted out loudly.

"Kellin, I know." He sighed.

"Yeah, wait, you're okay with it?" I asked a little aggitated.

"Yeah, I suggested him to do it." I was mad.

"What the hell Tyler? I'm not ready for that." I yelled into the phone.

"I know Kellin but you can't keep running from everything." He was right kind of. I looked at Vic, who gave me an apologetic smile.

"I just want to be happy." I pointed out.

"I know Kellin. I want you to be happy." He said sincerely.

"I just want everything to be fun, just for now. I want to be happy." I paused and smelled at Vic. "I'm happy with Vic." I confessed.

"Kells, don't do this to yourself again." He must have feared that things would mess up again.

"They won't happen again. I love you Tyler." I cooed into the phone.

"I love you too. Call me tonight." I didn't reply just hung up.

I went over to Vic and took his hand in mine and played with our fingers. He looked into my eyes sweetly and I smiled.

"What do you want to do next, eat or surf?" I loved that he was still trying to make this the best day ever for me.

"Surf please?" He nodded and took me by the hand

He led me to a shack that held a huge surfboard above the front of it. We walked in and was greeted by some hairy bearded guy. We waved at him and went back to the surfing gear. Vic grabbed the wet suits and handed them to me while he got the surfboards.

"You'll love this." He went over to the counter to pay for the things and I followed.

"Will this be all?" The man at the counter asked us.

"Yes." Vic answered quickly.

"Okay." The man rang it all up. "That'll be $56.48." Vic paid him and took the bags.

"Thanks." We both told him in unison.

"Have a great time." He called to us as we left.

We walked out onto the beach and towards the ocean.

"We're going in already?" I asked concerned since I didn't really know how to swim.

"No, we've got lessons in a few." He laughed. "Don't worry." He comforted me.

I smiled nervously and nodded. I didn't know why, but I feel kind of safe being him. I didn't want to but I did. I followed him and couldn't help but stare. His long brown hair having water droplets, from when we went snorkeling. The droplets fell and landed on his tan skin, slowly going across it. He looked far more better than any guy I've ever seen. I must have been really distracted because he started to shake me.