Chapter 20

When Vic walked away I wanted to chase after him, but that would just make things worse. Mikey saw that I wanted to and he urged me to go but I didn't. We sat with Tyler and Mike more, they told us about how they were going to get an apartment in February and that I'm happy to come in April when I turn 18 or graduate. I accepted, I at least wanted to be with someone I didn't want dead.

My dad was the last person I wanted to live with. He called me once since I was gone, it was while I was sleeping in the car. He didn't text or call after that. I didn't care, I was thinking about moving out here permanently. My mom said that it was an option for me. Maybe by the end of this trip, I could somehow move here, so I can finish school, live it's Tyler, and go to college. If I'm lucky I could go on tour with them as their security or something.

"Kellin, let's go." Tyler said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I get up and help Mikey out and carry him to the car.

"Did you drive here?" Tyler asked Mike.

"Yeah, I'm right over there." He pointed.

"Okay, well we'll se you later okay?" They hug and kiss for a few, while I put Mike into the car.

I got on the front seat and buckled up, playing music from my phone as we waited for Tyler. I saw him give Mike one last kiss before pulling away and getting in the car. I stopped my music and he turned on his.

"Do you know where Vic is?" He asked

"No." I replied sadly.

"Do you Mike?" Tyler looked in the rear view mirror

"Nope." He replied as he laid back in the seat.

"Do you guys have any relatives here?" Tyler was still talking to Mike.

"No, all the family we have lives in California."

"So, we have no clue where he is. Can one of you text him?"

"I will." Mike volunteered. "Kellin, can I see your phone, mine's at the house."

"Sure." I passed it back to him.

He ended up calling him, which sucked because we only heard the conversation one-sided.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Oh, yeah."

"That's awesome."

"I can play drums."

"I know, but I can."

"Great. I can't wait."

And then he hung up.

"What was that all about?" Tyler asked an excited Mike.

"Vic met a band, they asked him to join and he's taking me to see them tomorrow. And they have a drummer spot, they'll let me try out tomorrow." He explained.

"That's awesome." Tyler encouraged him.

"Yeah, and if all goes well, they'll let us stay here with them in Utah." He added.

"That's great. I hope you guys do good." Tyler smiled back at Mike and looked at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I lied.

There was nothing okay with this, Vic is going to be in a band. Bad thoughts started to form in my mind already. He's going to become successful and forget about me. Something else popped into my head too. Didn't I want him to forget about me? This probably could be the only way I could get him to stop liking me. Maybe this wasn't as bad as it seems. But I do know that, I didn't want him to forget about me.