Chapter 10

When I got to school, I felt weird vibes. When I was walking into the school I could feel the eyes of Vic and his friends on me. I felt mostly Vic's, he was staring holes into me with his eyes. I went to my locker and was hoping to get to my first period class before the bell would ring. I guess I took too long, because it rang. I was closing my locker when 2 figures showed up behind me.

"What's up short stuff?" Mike bumped into me. I was only short compared to him, but who wasn't. I didn't want to be called that though.

"We're coming over you're house today." Vic demanded. I saw him bite his lip and I got self conscious of our kiss this morning.

"I-I won't be there." I stuttered and looked down. I was scared of what they might do.

"Why not?" Mike questioned.

"My mom's coming to get me early." I confessed.

"Text me and be home." Vic said as he pushed me back.

He and Mike went up the stairs toward their classes. I slugged behind, I didn't want to go to class anymore. I was too confused on what was happening. I got to class 2 minutes before the bell. I sat down and waited for the teacher to start her lecture when the intercom sounded.

"Mike and Vic Fuentes. Please report to the front office. Mike and Vic Fuentes to the front office."

I wasn't actually surprised they were getting called to the office, they were always doing something wrong. I sat in class, not really listening, I just stared relentlessly at the teacher. I was ready to go see Mr. Collins. There was ten minutes left when I got a text from my mom.

'Your dad and I are getting a divorce. I can't make you stay with him. You can come with me but I'm moving back to Michigan. I'll still pick you up this afternoon, tell me what you want then.'

My whole life has officially ended. I can't believe I have to choose between this school and my mom. I'd rather have her but I like going to this school, nobody may know me but I don't want to leave. I like being here and hanging with Mr. Collins and Jessica, sometimes even Mike and Vic.

As soon as I said his name, my heart started to beat frantically. Scenes of him kissing me played in my mind. I unconsciously touched my lips, and the feeling was still lingering. I felt bad that he pulled away, but I was glad that he kissed me. I wanted to kiss him back, but I was struck with fear.

"Mr. Quinn." The teacher called my name, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yes ma'am?" I looked around and saw that the bell had rung. "Sorry." I told her as I got up to leave.

"It's okay." She watched me leave and closed the door behind me.

I walked through the halls to my locker and watched eyes look at me. I wondered why they were gawking at me, of all people. When I made it to my locker before I could open it I heard a voice scream my name.

"Kellin Quinn." I turned around and saw Vic.

He walked over and approached me, punching me in the face. I fell to the ground instantly. He pulled me up again and punched me once more. I saw Mike run over and pull him off of me. I staggered up and ran to Mr. Collins' class.

"What's wrong?" He asked me when I ran into the room.

"Nothing." I quickly answered back.

I went to my seat and put my head down on the desk. I heard him coming over to me, but the bell made him stop. When the class started he didn't ask me to raise my head up, or get with a partner. I kept my head down all class period. When the bell rang for us to go to our next class, he asked me to stay behind. He waited for all the students to leave before talking.