Chapter 50

After watching him leave, I went to the corner and cried. Everything I did, was it wrong? I thought we were good, I even told him I loved him. I never thought I would say that to anyone in a million years.

Did I let myself get too attached to him? I was scared to hurt him when in the end, I'm the one hurt. I can't believe I listened to him when he talked to me. He said he loved me, people who love each other don't do what he just did.

I got up and went downstairs. I took a blanket with me and went to the front room. The last movie we watched, One Day was still in. I watched as the love life of two friends, who deserved to be together, crumbles. They can't stay down to one person specifically and it's hard for them. Finally when they're together like they should be, she dies.

Is that what it takes? For someone to die and the other to come to their senses how foolish it is. It's foolish to not show how much you love someone until they end up dying. Is that what it takes?

I got up and went to our room. I opened the door all the way and peered in. I was on the brink of tears and knew I would cry. The only thing is though, I couldn't. No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't. I've lost 2 of the most important people in my life.

I can't help but to think that maybe I'm responsible. If my mom wouldn't of had me, she wouldn't have had to take me to school. If she wouldn't have taken me to school, the truck wouldn't have hit her.

If I would have convinced Vic better to stay, he might have. I treated him horribly. All the things I said to him, I can't take back now. He's all I ever wanted for the time being. He was there when no one else was, now he's not.

I looked around for my phone, it laid on the bed where Vic put me. I picked it up and scrolled through the contacts. Texting every possible person who might know where Vic went. I needed to be with him, I need him.

'He's gone. When did he leave?'

Mike was no help.

'No, he hasn't talked to us recently.'

Craig didn't know anything either. Maybe I just need to drop it, it won't help to worry. I went back downstairs and laid across the couch. I longed for his touch on my arms, his kisses, him. I missed him and it hurt me that I didn't have him.

I laid down on my mom's scarf and couldn't help but think this might be the reason. He's been trying to help me get over her, I've just been too stubborn. Have I become that obsessive that I can't and it drove him away?

"Tyler, have you heard anything from Vic?" I asked as soon as he picked up.

"Not since he left, I'm sorry." He answered.

"How'd you know he left?" I questioned. I hadn't said anything to Tyler about Vic leaving yet.

"He came by Kellin. You were in the car sleep and he said he was leaving." I felt my heart sink.

"This can't be happening." I said to myself.

"I'm gonna come over." Tyler stated.

"No, I don't want any company." I whispered, not sounding convincing.

"Kellin, let me. I need to talk to you and be there for you." He said in a concerned voice.

"No, I'm fine. I'm gonna go to bed." I hung up before he could reply.

I started to call Vic. He didn't pick up. I continued to call him, wanting him to pick up. At first I thought he would pick up, the phone did stop ringing, but it just went to the dial tone. I've ruined everything, why can't I be happy.